Monday, March 11, 2019

WEEK OF 03/11/19 - P90X2 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 12

MONDAY - MARCH 11, 2019 - P90X2 - P.A.P. Lower

I would like to think I did better than last week, but I'm not sure. I still struggled coming down on the Step Up Convicts. My back foot seems to twist when I come down and it throws me all over the place. I'm barely bending my back leg into a lunge because I'm losing my balance. I also struggle with my balance on the Cross Over Reaches. Once I bend my leg my foot collapses inward and I'm done. I do my best on both of the above moves. I've still not reached 30 seconds on any of the Side Planks, but I think that's more of mind over matter. Still a good workout, though.

Time: 62 minutes: Calories Burned: 543; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Intensity: 7; Form: 6.


TUESDAY - MARCH 12, 2019 - P90X2 - P.A.P. Upper

I did OK. The Renegade Rows are the toughest move for me, but I get them done. I used 20's on them and the Shoulder Presses, but might shift to 25's on Friday, just to test myself. I'm also trying to get better at the Plyo Pushups. I just don't have the explosion to get up real high. On the Med Ball Planks I hit 60 seconds on three of the four times, and got to 30 seconds twice on the Superman's, but never got in the full 45 seconds. I got in 7 regular pull-ups on the first two sets, then four, then five, so that's something to work at. A good workout. Not perfect, but I was pleased with myself. Aside from a couple of the Superman's, the effort was there

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 506; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 13, 2019 - P90X2 - Recovery + Mobility

Very relaxing once again. Concentrated on back and shoulders again. I'm really starting to notice more shoulder mobility, especially when I put my arm behind my back. I think I have much more range of motion than I used to.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 304; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Intensity: 8; Form: 8.


THURSDAY - MARCH 14, 2019 - P90X2 - P.A.P. Lower

It was an OK effort. I was stumbling again on the Step Up Convicts and also on the Cross Reaches. Again, it's the one leg things. I got in 30 seconds a couple times on the Side Planks, which is the first time this round. Those things are tough, but I admit I give up too early on them sometimes because I don't like them and don't feel like toughing it out. After going two months without it, I've also started drinking a few diet pops here and there. Today I drank more than my share. I need to stop that again. I didn't really miss it when I wasn't drinking it, but I let it get away from me.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 580; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Intensity: 7; Form: 5.


FRIDAY - MARCH 15, 2019 - P90X2 - P.A.P. Upper

I took a deep nap when I got home. When I woke my body was really tired and sluggish. It was one of those days when I wondered how I was going to do one rep of anything, never mind an entire workout. Midway through the warm-up a friend of mine called and that few minutes on the phone took my mind off the dread of the workout and seemed to wake up my body a bit. My plan was to use 25 lb dumbbells on the Renegade Rows and the Step Up Presses. I'd been using 20's before. I decided to go with the 20's then changed my mind again and went with the 25's. I decided I was really going to need to push myself today, and this was one way to do it. They were certainly do-able. I could feel the difference a bit on the Presses but got through it. On the Plyo Pushups I decided to do them on my knees to get a bit of explosion. Doing them from my feet is slow, ugly, and bad form. This wasn't the place for that. The explosion is what was needed for this workout. I was back to doing six pull-ups after getting seven in a few times on Tuesday. I only got four in on the last round, but I think a lot of that was because my grip was slipping. So, I turned what could have been a bad workout into a decent one.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 509; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


SATURDAY - MARCH 16, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

I wasn't feeling real good going into it, just a bit "off". I rushed a few moves and came out of a few a couple seconds early. It was just a disjointed session.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 446; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Intensity: 5; Form: 6.


SUNDAY - MARCH 17, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper

Last time for this one this round. I started out a bit weak, especially with Row Your Boad, but finished OK.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 120; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Intensity: 7; Form: 8.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 175.0 (no change)
Body Fat: 17.0% (+0.1 %)

This is where I've been all year.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I wasn't feeling good most of the week. My body is getting tired. Only one week to go.




.

No comments: