Monday, June 3, 2024

WEEK OF 06/03/2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 1

MONDAY - JUNE 3, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I think I took five weeks off. Some of it was necessary, but I knew if I didn't start today, it was because of laziness. I can't believe the last time I did this was over a year ago. The workout went well. My goal was 25 pushups and 16 band pulldowns, as I can't really do a real pullup anymore. I engage my back when doing them, so it does seem to be a bit effective.

Start Time: 6:50 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 386; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


TUESDAY - JUNE 4, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

This went OK. I got interrupted about a quarter of the way through, but got back into it. I wasn't dogging it, but am limited a bit because of my poor balance. I did do the plank burpees, but changed the Mountain Squats to sort of a run in Table position. I'm always afraid I'm going to hurt my wrists reaching back and down on those Mountain Squats.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 232; Avg Heart Rate: 92.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 5, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I did 12 reps on most of the exercises and used the same weights I had been using last year. It went OK.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 327; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


THURSDAY - JUNE 6, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

This yoga routine is hard. I have a difficult time getting to my feet after the vinyasas, and there were a lot of those, especially on the faster "Meathead" section. One useless note: This is the first time I've done Power of 4 with my larger TV, and I've realized Ann Marie is super cute, and she seems to have a great personality. Makes the workout go a bit better. 

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 442; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


FRIDAY - JUNE 7, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

I played gold this morning and got poured on. I was cold and miserable when I got home and spent a lot of time napping. I don't like this workout to begin with, so it was tough getting started. Eventually I did, but it wasn't pretty. I didn't have my workout shoes on for some reason and was sliding around a bit on some of the moves.

Start Time: 9:40 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 387; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SATURDAY - JUNE 8, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attach and Defend

I like this one, a lot because I like Alice, but it seems to tire me out more than I feel it should. Today was no exception.
 

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 215; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SUNDAY - JUNE 9, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - The Power of Core

There are some moves in this one that are tough and long. I got through it, but modified a bit, and didn't get 20 reps in on a few of the moves.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 103; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 167.4 (+4.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.7% (+1.4 %)

Not sure why the big increases. Hopefully it's a blip and goes down next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

For the first week back after five weeks off, I think I did pretty good. I was worried a bit because in theory these workouts are a bit tougher in some areas than the PwerSync60 ones, but maybe not.

No comments: