Monday, June 17, 2024

WEEK OF 06/17/2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - JUNE 17, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

Rotation - Pushups: 1) Stands (32 reps), 2) Med Balls (24 reps); 3) Upside Down Bosu Ball (16 reps); Pullups: 1) Pullup Assist (8 reps), 2) Seated Weighted Rows (30 lbs, 12 reps), 3) Band Pulldowns (16 reps). I did pretty good. I normally do Decline Pushups on the Bosu moves. Today there were no declines. Didn't go too low on the Med Ball pushups.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 332; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


TUESDAY - JUNE 18, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

I did OK. There isn't anything really tough until the last five moves, where you are up and down a bit. I handled those as best as I could, modifying the Mountain Squats.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 19, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs 

I think I used the same weights as I had last year. Nothing too exciting, but steady, and it was a decent workout. 

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 246; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


THURSDAY - JUNE 20, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

I really wasn't looking forward to this one because I know it's long and tedious, with a lot of vinyasas, which I struggle with. I took a bit of a surprise nap when I got home. I was feeling a bit refreshed when I woke up, and just decided to get it done and enjoy it as much as I could. That's what I did. It wasn't perfect, but my attitude was good. On another note, as with Don't Skip Yoga where I mentioned Ann Marie looked a lot cuter on the big TV, I want to note the same with Christina on this one. Makes both workouts better.
 
Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 335; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


FRIDAY - JUNE 21, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

Strange day. I played golf this morning in extremely high temperatures. I was drained when I got home and remained so through most of the day. I woke up from a long nap in the late evening and knew there was no way I was going to be able to get a workout in. I went back to the adage of "Listen To Your Body", but in the back on my mind I kept hearing a little voice saying it's an excuse and that I don't miss workouts. So, at 10:30 at night, I got it started. It wasn't great, and I don't like this workout to begin with, but I got it done. I got the what is supposed to be the last move, the 10 burpees, done during the warmup, so I could get them out of the way. Am I happy I got it done? Not really.  
 
Start Time: 10:40 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 325; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY - JUNE 22, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

Long, long workout. There was several times I had to sit down for a few seconds between moves. I didn't do any Sprawls (Burpees). I did the move, then did a front kick instead of the sprawl. Overall, it went OK. I didn't cheat myself. 
 
Start Time: 6:45 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 444; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY - JUNE 23, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Bod Scan Meditation

Relaxing. My mind wandered a bit, so it wasn't total bliss, but it was a good day off from the weights and cardio,
 
Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 36; Avg Heart Rate: 74.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 165.6 (no change)
Body Fat: 15'3% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It's good that the weight and body fat stayed level. The workouts went well. I've done the entire three week cycle, and I feel good. I didn't dog any of the workouts.

No comments: