Monday, June 10, 2024

WEEK OF 06/10/2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 2

MONDAY, JUNE 10, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push 

In the past I have always done the Squat, Curl, Corkscrew, Press move during the warmup. It's the toughest move in the workout, and i want to get it out of the way while I'm fresh. I grabbed the 25's, started it, and realized they felt a bit heavy. I got in the 12 reps. When done, I looked at my numbers from the past and realized I'd always used 20's. So this motivated me to increase my reps over what I had done in the past. It worked out OK, and was a good way to start the week.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 350; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, Legs 

I used to really hate this one. Now, it's not so bad. I just modify when I have to. I got the Gorilla Crawls out of the way during the warmup because those are tough to do mid-way through the workout.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 306; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back

I went a lot faster than they did and finished about 6 moves ahead of them. However, I wasn't doing pullups. I was doing Band Pulldowns, getting in 16 on each of those sets. On the weighted moves. I mostly used 30's on the heavier ones, and 15's on the upper back / shoulder moves. All went Ok. Last time I did this I used 35's on the heavier moves, but didn't think I could handle them today because I hadn't been at it in a while. Turns out I might have been able to.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 343; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY, JUNE 13, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga

Probably my favorite yoga routine. Quick, relaxing, and to the point. Minimum amount of vinyasas, which Tony usually beats to death in his other yoga routines, making them not so relaxing. I was a bit more flexible than usual today and my balance was above my usual also. For some reason, I feel like I've been above average for almost all the workouts over the last week and a half. It's been noticeable to me, at least..

Start Time: 9:50 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 116; Avg Heart Rate: 90.


FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Drop, Pulse, and Hold

I always thought this workout was excessively long and should have been restructured somehow to reduce the time a bit. Today, that came to reality. I was pretty much worn after the first round, but I don't quit early or take Stop Options as a rule. After completing the second set of the Lincoln Squats, my legs pretty much collapsed and I went down to my knees, skinning them on the carpet. Not a good thing. I did use 15 lb weights on almost all of the moves, and I did finish out the workout.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 72 minutes; Calories Burned: 436; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

I can't go full blast on a lot of these moves, but I did OK.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 280; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town

I like this one much better than Power of Core. I have a problem crunching up, as it hirts my lower back, so I modified a bit when necessary.

Start Time: 9:00 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 79; Avg Heart Rate: 87.


SUNDAY WEIGN IN

Weight: 165.6 (-1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.3% (-0.4%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm feeling good about how things are going. I'm feeling a bit stronger and toned.

No comments: