Monday, July 8, 2024

WEEK OF 07/08/2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 6

MONDAY - JULY 8, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

I did my usual rotation and variations, and reps. It works out well. Pushups: 1) Stands (32 reps); Balls (24 reps); Decline on upside down Bosu Ball (16 reps, but I can't go too deep on them). Pullups: 1) Pullup Assist (8 reps); 2) Seated Weighted Back Rows (12 reps, 30 lb weights); 3) Band Pulldowns (16 reps).

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 359; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


TUESDAY - JULY 9, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

Pretty good. I was actually looking forward to this one a bit. It's short, and not really too tough, except for a few moves. The Frog Hops near the end are probably the toughest, but I did them earlier in the workout to get them out of the way. I also modified the Mountain Squats.

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 272; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 10, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I increased my weights and/or reps on a few moves, but most were what I usually do. I felt good about what I did. 

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 261; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


THURSDAY - JULY 11, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

Not great, but not bad, either. The "ladder" can get a bit redundant, but I got through it. My balance may have been a bit better than usual, but nothing to write home about.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 325; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


FRIDAY - JULY 12, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

Last time I dreaded doing this workout because it had been a rough day. Not so much this time. Felt good.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 302; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SATURDAY - JULY 13, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

I have neuropathy in my feet that really came to the forefront in April 2021. I can't feel the bottom of my feet and I compare that feeling to wearing 5 pairs of thick Christmas socks on my feet. I generally can't balance very well, if at all, and can't move them too quickly. However, I've had a few people tell me lately that I seem to be getting around better, and I'm thinking the martial arts workouts are helping with that. The first few times I did the martial arts workouts after being diagnosed I couldn't keep my balance at all. Continuing to do them has helped a lot. It's not a cure, but it seems to be slowing down the degeneration process. Maybe too much info here, but it's important to look at positives and little accomplishments.

Start Time: 6:55 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 435; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SUNDAY - JULY 14, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Body Scan Meditation

The first time I did this a few years ago, it was magical. I haven't been able to totally recreate that feeling, but I keep trying, and it's still relaxing. Too much mind chatter, even though I try to eliminate it.

Start Time: 6:20 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 33; Avg Heart Rate: 78.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 163.2 (-2,4 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.3% (-0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Overall, the workouts went well. As I've said before a few times, I'm working hard and am feeling and seeing some results I haven't felt in a while.

No comments: