Monday, July 29, 2024

WEEK OF 07/29/2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - JULY 29, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

I almost decided to take a week break. I wasn't feeling well when I went to bed last night and thinking it was a bit of overexertion in general. It was a bit better today. I thought it might be smart to take a break. If I was going to take today off, I would have taken off the entire week. At some point, I just started the workout. It went pretty good. I increased the reps on my assisted pullups from 8 to 9. and increased the weights on my seated weighted rows from 30's to 35's. Both went OK. I did my usual rotation on the moves. 1) 32 pushups with power stands; 2) 9 reps with the pullup assist, 3) 24 pushups on the med balls, 4) 12 reps with 35 lb weights on the bent over seated rows, 5) 16 decline pushups on an upside down bosu ball, and 6) 16 band pulldowns. 

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 433; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


TUESDAY - JULY 30, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

There are two moves I don't like in this workout. Frog Plank Hops and the Plank Lunges after that one. Both are in the last 5 moves. I did them near the beginning and got them out of the way, swapping out the Jog/Run move and the Skaters, which I did later. It was good for the mind. Overall, things went well. 

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 266; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 31, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I kept delaying the start because I wasn't into it today, but once I got started I felt strong and increased my reps and/or weights on several moves. On the Bicep Curls (done instead of Heavy Curls), I upped my weights from 25's to 30's and got 10 reps in, which is OK for me. I used 20's on the majority of the moves.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 276; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 1, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

I sat through a few of the moves in the "ladder" section because it's so redundant. Overall I did OK, but am really not a fan of this because of the length and redundancy.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 398; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 2, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

Not my favorite, but I took it one move at a time and did my best of that move.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 326; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 3, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

Pretty good. I got through it Ok without getting too winded, although I was tired,

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 444; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 4, 2024 - THE POWER OF 4 - Body Scan Meditation

I kept letting my mind wander, so it wasn't real effective, but it was relaxing. I always look forward to this one.

Start Time: 4:45 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 37; Avg Heart Rate: 75.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 166.4 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.2% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEKS

I'm still hanging in there.

No comments: