Monday, November 19, 2012

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 2 - Week of 11/19/2012

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 19, 2012 - Chest and Back

The "evil" workout. I was dreading it all day. Last week I did 192 pushups. Today I did 223. I'm happy there. Last week I did 16 pullups. Today I did 18. I'm not happy there, but again, it'll come in time. I used 45 lbs on all of the back exercises, up from 40 lbs last week.

Calories Burned - 566; Avg Heart Rate - 128; Max Heart Rate - 161.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 20, 2012 - Plyometrics

Most of the soreness from Week 1 has gone away, except for the mid-section and hip flexor area from Sunday's Ab-Ripper.

I had an OK Plyo workout today. I had a lot on my mind going into the workout, so while I was doing the moves, I can't honestly say I was killing it. That happens sometimes. Still, I got a good calorie burn.

Calories Burned - 649; Avg Heart Rate - 130; Max Heart Rate - 159.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 21, 2012 - Shoulders and Arms

I kept the weights the same as last week, but I did more reps on a lot of the exercises. Overall, a good workout.

Calories Burned: 663; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 162.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 22, 2012 - Yoga X

I wasn't feeling too well (feeling weak), and Yoga X can feel like an eternity when you're not feeling well. I actually had to come out of one of the Half-Moons and go to my knees because I was so drained. I couldn't even get into some of the standing balance postures, but I did hold Crane twice for about 15 seconds each, something I wasn't able to do last week. Today was Thanksgiving, and I didn't feast out, but I really need to start eating better. I got a big calorie burn, but I'm thinking it was because my body was working harder because it was weak.

Calories Burned: 710; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 139.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 23, 2012 - Legs and Back

Still not feeling well. I spent most of the day in bed trying to get some rest and fight off a fever. I was actually debating on doing the workout or not, but I haven't missed a scheduled workout in four and a half years, so I gutted it out. Not great numbers on the pullups (37 total), but otherwise I'm glad I did it, even though I was so exhausted when I was done I almost "tossed my cookies" in the cool down.

Calories Burned: 593; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 24, 2012 - Kenpo X

I felt much better today. I was still a little weak, and had my hands on my knees a few times in between moves, but otherwise it was OK.

Calories Burned: 511; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 213.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 25, 2012 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X

Much better than last week. I got my 50 Mason Twists in, but I had my feet touch two or 3 times.

Calories Burned: 137; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 147.

Weigh-In

Weight: 173.2 Body Fat: 22.0%

A drop of 2.0 lbs and .2% body fat. I'm very happy with both. I'm going in the right direction.




No comments: