Monday, November 26, 2012

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 3 - Week of 11/26/2012

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 26, 2012 - Chest and Back

Last time I have to do this one for 6 weeks. Let's just say I won't miss it. 234 pushups today, up from the 223 I did last week, and up from the 192 I did in Week 1. Pullups are another story. Only 19. I have to work on those. I've seen others with the same problem, and Tony suggests they do 3 or 4 sets a day, 3 times a week, just to get better. I think I'll try it for a while to see if it helps.

Calories Burned: 496 (that seems real low); Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 162.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 27, 2012 - Plyometrics

It was a good workout, but not great. Low calorie burn, just like yesterday. I noticed my heart rate monitor zeroed out a few times. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the low numbers.

Calories Burned: 558; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 28, 2012 - Shoulders and Arms

Pretty close to the same weight and reps as last week. I want to increase things a bit, but know my form might get bad in a hurry. There are 30 sets during this workout, so you almost have to pace yourself a bit. If you burn out your arms too early, you're in trouble. I might try some of the moves with heavier weights on my own once or twice a week, just to see what I can do without worrying about burning myself out.

Calories Burned: 600; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 159.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 29, 2012 - Yoga X

My balance was a lot better than the last two weeks. I stayed in all the Half-Moons and all my right leg Balance Postures (left leg was a different story).

Calories Burned: 701; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 142.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 30, 2012 - Legs and Back

I ate like crap today. It started out bad and got worse during the day. I'm not worried. I'll get back on track. Maybe it was a good thing, as it'll make me concentrate more on what I eat.

The workout went surprisingly well, condidering the eating. My pullups increased from 37 last week to 49. It's still nowhere near where I want to be, but it's a step in the right direction. I'm writing this about 2 hours after I finished the workout, and I still feel energized.

Calories Burned: 622; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 159.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 1, 2012 - Kenpo X

I can't believe it's December already. An OK Kenpo workout today. Not much to say. Low calorie burn.

Calories Burned: 467; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 145.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 2, 2012 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X

I did it by memory, and didn't use the video. It took me 19 minutes as opposed to the 16 on video, but I got all the moves in. I even did a few more on some of the exercises. I got in 52 Mason Twists without touching my feet. 363 total moves.

Calories Burned: 176; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 156

Weigh-In

Weight: 174.7; Body Fat: 22.0%

A gain of 1.5 lbs and no change in Body Fat%. A bit disappointing, but not unexpected. I had a few bad days eating wise, and I ate an entire container of cashews earlier in the week, and I know they're high in calories (but still nutritional).






No comments: