Monday, March 18, 2013

WEEK OF 3/18/2013

MONDAY - MARCH 18, 2013 - Upper Body Balance (One on One)

This was a bonus workout that came with P90X2. I'd only done it once before, and that was in April 2012. The workout alternates between a pushup move done on a medicine or stability ball, and core moves which are usually in "Boat" position. I was a little rusty on some of the pushup moves because I haven't really done any on balls since I did this last year. However, I did OK. I still wasn't able to do even one "Impossible Pushup", where your feet are balanced on a stability ball, and you are doing a pushup with both hands on one medicine ball. My feet kept rolling off the stability ball. However, I did do 20 "Four Ball Pushups" with no problem. I was very good on the core moves, as I've been doing a lot of those lately, even some yesterday in Iso Abs.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 350; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - MARCH 19, 2013 - Sanity Check (Insanity)

I just ordered this workout last week. It's just been released. It's only 26 minutes long and is basically a small taste of Insanity for people who want to see what it's all about. The workout portion itself was only about 12 minutes, The rest was warm-up and cool-down. I haven't done Insanity in about 10 months, so I did get a bit winded, but not too much.

Time: 26 minutes; Calories Burned: 219; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 141.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 20, 2013 - Upper Body Weight Training (Insanity)

This was a bonus workout that came with Insanity that I'd never done before. I'll admit I was a bit afraid of it going in. I had a contractor fixing my bathroom all evening, so even though I wanted to get this workout over with, I had pretty much decided I'd have no time or energy left to do it. The contractor finally let around 10pm, and I was feeling OK so I got started around 10:20 pm. The workout wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. As with all weight workouts done for the first time, you aren't really sure what weights to use for each exercise. I mainly used 20 lb weights for the 12 rep moves, 25 lbs for the 10 rep moves, and 30 lbs for the 8 rep moves, and that seemed to work OK.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 491: Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - MARCH 21, 2013 - Patience Hummingbird (One on One)

My second time doing this workout. I like it because it's only 36 minutes long, and you're really not doing too many twisting poses. However, it still makes you sweat because the poses you are doing, you are holding for a long time. About a third of the way into the workout, you have to hold a Chaturanga pose for about 30 seconds. My arms were really sore from yesterday, so I was shaking like crazy. There are only two real "balance" postures in the workout, and those are half-moons, which you get into from Warrior 2 position. On both sides, I couldn't even get into the half-moons, let alone hold them. Still enjoyed it though.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 163; Avg Heart Rate: 93; Max Heart Rate: 122.



FRIDAY - MARCH 22, 2013 - One on One on One Leg for Legs (One on One)

Another bonus workout from P90X2 that I'd only one time before, back in April 2012. This was all balancing on one leg. I struggle balancing on one leg, whether it's left or right, so this was very tough for me. I pretty much had to tap down my other foot on every rep. This made the workout almost useless, but I did my best. I'll try this workout again at some point, and will do my best again.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 326; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 150.


SATURDAY - MARCH 23, 2013 - Cardio Confusion - Mason's Choice (One on One)

My right calf muscle was still a bit tender from doing this routine last week, but I did good. I was pushing myself a bit more during the moves and got my heart rate up a bit.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 399; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 150.


SUNDAY - MARCH 24, 2013 - Fast and Furious Abs (Insanity) and Weigh-In

Fast and Furious Abs
I just ordered this one a few weeks ago, and this is the first time I've done it. The entire workout is only 13 minutes long, with the main portion only 10 minutes. It's basically old Insanity moves that target your core. It got me sweating after a few minutes

Time: 13 minutes; Calories Burned: 93; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 140.

Weigh-In
Weight: 179.6; Body Fat: 23.0%
An increase of 2.1 lbs and .6% body fat. Just pathetic. I ate like crap yesterday. I need to get more self-control with the eating.


WEEKLY RECAP
Not a lot of big calorie burning workouts this week, and I ate bad. Not a good combination, so I'm not happy.



NEXT WEEK
I'm taking a planned week off, not because I'm discouraged by this week, but because my body needs the rest. It actually has been telling me that for the past few weeks, but I wanted to get the new workouts in before I start my 90-day Hybrid.

No comments: