Monday, April 22, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 2 - P90X2 (Phase 1) - Week of 4/22/2013

My entire Hybrid schedule is on my April 6, 2013 entry.


MONDAY - APRIL 22, 2013 - P90X2 X2 Core

I was looking forward to getting back into P90X2, since I hadn't done it in over a year. I guess you could safely say I was a bit rusty today. A lot of this workout is balance, and since I really struggle with balance, it was very humbling for me. Many of my numbers were lower than the first time I ever did this workout back in January 2012. One of the concerns I had with this Hybrid was that I'd only be doing most of the workouts once. This is a perfect example. I don't get another chance to get better at the moves.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 432; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 146.


TUESDAY - APRIL 23, 2013 - P90X2 Plyocide

I did OK on all but the balance moves. I got a bit winded midway, but pushed through. I'm still not "getting" the purpose of the 12 minutes of "neuro integrated" stretching at the end. I did the stretches, but don't feel the difference. Maybe I'm not doing them right.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 495; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 24, 2013 - P90X2 X2 Total Body

Yesterday I looked to see what workout was up for today. When I saw it was over an hour, I wasn't looking forward to it. All day today I was dreading it. I ate like crap all day. Needless to say, the motivation wasn't there. However, I chose to look upon it as an opportunity to do something I didn't want to, and got the workout in. Except for a few of the balance ones (broken record), I didn't have too many problems with any of the moves. I feel better.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 572; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 204.


THURSDAY - APRIL 25, 2013 - P90X2 X2 Yoga

I had to be somewhere tonight, so I got home and immediately got this workout in. It's a good routine and I enjoyed it. I appreciate classic Yoga X at times, but tonight X2 Yoga was perfect.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 445; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 133.


FRIDAY - APRIL 26, 2013 - P90X2 Balance and Power

This is a sneakily tough workout. There's a lot of stability ball work which I'm having trouble with this week. I'm getting frustrated with it, and almost feel like giving up on some of the moves. However, I keep trying.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 552; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - APRIL 27, 2013 - P90X2 Recovery and Mobility

In the regular P90X2 rotation, this workout falls on an Wednesday, but I've scheduled it for a Saturday for the Hybrid. I'm glad I did. It makes me feel like I've got the entire weekend off, and because I have no scheduled "recovery" weeks during the Hybrid, it gives me two days of relief from beating my body up. I'm still not getting the benefits of the Foam Rolling that I should be. For some reason I can't find the tight "hot spots" that Tony talks about. I'll keep trying, and maybe someday it'll click in.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 206; Avg Heart Rate: 85; Max Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY - APRIL 28, 2013 - P90X2 X2 Ab Ripper and Weigh-In

X2 Ab Ripper
I've always liked X2 Ab Ripper. I don't think it's as hard as Classic P90X Ab Ripper, but I still felt it. On a few of the exercises, I got a bit tired, but overall it went well.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 103; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 121.

Weigh-In
Old scale - Weight: 179.1; Body Fat: 22.9%
An increase of .2 lbs, but a decrease of .1% body fat. I'm a stress eater, and we were shorthanded all week at work, adding to my stress, so I didn't always eat well. I was expecting worse numbers on the scale, but I realize that even though the increase wasn't that bad, I can't keep eating like that. It's more than just the numbers on the scale. It's about how I feel, both physically and mentally. Last week I ate great, and felt great. This week I ate bad and felt bad. See the correlation?

New scale - Weight: 190.0; Body Fat: 20.1% (+.2 lbs, +.2% body fat). I have to figure out why the differences in the two scales and stick to one.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It was good getting back into P90X2 after more than a year. I like the workouts a lot, but I was really, really not up to par on a lot of them because of the long layoff. I'm realizing more and more that my balance sucks. I'm not sure if it's something that will improve over time, but I'll keep trying.

Next week is Insanity: The Asylum - Volume 1. I haven't done it since August 2012, and from what I remember, it was really hard.





No comments: