Monday, April 28, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 2 - Week of 04/28/2014

MONDAY - APRIL 28, 2014 - Chest and Back

I got home, laid down to rest for a few minutes and wondered how I was ever going to get through this workout. 24 sets of pushups, pull-ups, and weighted back moves. In fact, I wondered how I'd ever gotten through it in the past. I've done it close to 50 times, so I knew it was possible, yet I still couldn't comprehend it. Turns out it was probably my best Chest and Back ever. I did 271 pushups, which is 34 more than I did last week, and I think 14 more than I'd ever done. The funny thing was I think I could have done more. I don't think I brought myself to failure in too many of the sets, and when I was done I was nowhere near as exhausted as last week.. I still only did 30 pull-ups, but that's something I'll keep working on. All in all, I'm thrilled with the results.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 586; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 160.


TUESDAY - APRIL 29, 2014 - Plyometrics

Much better than last week. I was winded, as I normally get with this workout, but I got through it fine. The only place I was really struggling was the Lateral Leap Frog Squats, only because they were in the 5th set, and immediately followed the 180 Switch Pickups. Another great calorie burn on this one.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 733; Avg Heart Rate: 136; Max Heart Rate: 163.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 30, 2014 - Shoulders and Arms

One thing I wanted to do this round was lift a little heavier weights. On the first half of the workout I tried bumping up my weight by 5 lbs on each of those moves. I used 35 lb weights on the heavier weight exercises. The only exercises where my reps decreased from last week were on the Alternating Shoulder presees (using 40s on the first set and 35s on the second set) was on the In and Out Bicep Curls where I went from 16 reps (with 30 lbs) to 12 reps (with 35s) on each series. Overall it went well. Next time I'll try upping my weights on the second half of the workout.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 673; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 162.


THURSDAY - MAY 1, 2014 - Yoga X

I can't believe it's May already. This one was a bit frustrating. My balance is still horrible and I'm still not flexible. As with last week, I had to keep coming out of the Half Moons because my hips weren't able to hold the poses. I've convinced myself I can't balance on my left leg, so that didn't go well. It all finally came to a head when I couldn't even get into Crane, and I "F-bombed" myself. I calmed down after that but just wanted to get to the final 10 minutes of the more relaxed poses. I'll get better and more flexible the more I do it, so I'm not too worried. It's just that all my other workouts seem to be going so well, it's a bit disappointing when one doesn't.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 710; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 212.


FRIDAY - MAY 2, 2014 - Legs and Back

Not much to say on this one, but it was a good workout. I did 57 pull-ups, which is 6 more than last week. I'm not minding the hour long workouts one bit. I'm really, really enjoying the process.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 581; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 160.


SATURDAY - MAY 3, 2014 - Kenpo X

An average Kenpo workout. Sometimes I lose concentration and find myself going through the motions on this workout, but I always end up sweating like crazy.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 517; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 142.


SUNDAY - MAY 4, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

Some of the moves are still tough as I'm getting back into it, but I got through it.

Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 142; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 140.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 197.0 (-1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.1% (+0.1%)

I'm going in the right direction. I did buy some low fat ice cream this week and finished the container, but other than that I think I stuck to my Michi's Ladder plan fairly well.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm happy. The nutrition seems to be working well. I had a few really good workouts, and I feel better.

No comments: