Monday, May 5, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 3 - Week of 05/05/2014

MONDAY - MAY 5, 2014 - Chest and Back

274 pushups (3 more than last week, and a new personal high). Only 29 pullups (one less than last week. Overall, I'm happy.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 530; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 155.


TUESDAY - MAY 6, 2014 - Plyometrics

Another steady workout. My stamina seems to be getting better on this one, as I wasn'y dying during the 5th set. I also noticed my calorie burn seems to be down this week. I think that means my heart rate is down because I'm in better shape.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 635; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 7, 2014 - Shoulders and Arms

During one of the other workouts, I think it's Legs and Back, Tony says something to the effect of "Bobby (Stevenson) didn't let his EGO get in the way". Today, I let my ego get in the way, but just a bit. One of my goals this round is to lift heavier weight, and this workout, along with Back and Biceps, are the two main targets. I started by using 40's on the Alternating Shoulder Presses, and got 8 reps in the first time. During the repeat, I only got 5 in. Last week I started with 40's, then dropped to 35's on the repeat and got 8 reps in both times. I used 35's on the In and Out Curls, and got all 16 reps in on the first set, but only 10 on the repeat. Last week I used 35's and got in 12 reps on both sets. I guess I could look at that as a) failure, or b) stretching myself. I'm going with Option "b", stretching myself, with a little bit of ego thrown in. Maybe next time I'll get all the reps in on the repeats. Despite the fact I fried myself early, I used the same weights I used last week, which in themselves were heavier than usual. So it was a success. Slow growth is OK. I can't expect to increase my weights by 5 lbs each time I do this workout. I'm happy with what I did. Actually, very happy with what I did. I'm loving this round. I feel like I got my purpose back that had been missing for the last year and a half or so.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 623; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 158.


THURSDAY - MAY 8, 2014 - Fountain of Youth (Tony Horton One on One)

I was going to meet some friends to watch the NFL Draft, so I decided to do this shorter Yoga workout instead on the 90 minute Yoga X. It went OK, until the end. As I was getting up after the final Childs Pose at the very end of the workout, I felt dizzy. I'm not sure of the reason, but I decided to stay in and just watched the draft in quiet. I've been eating better, but drinking a lot of Diet Pepsi lately and haven't been getting enough sleep, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'll keep an eye on things.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 323; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 135.


FRIDAY - MAY 9, 2014 - Legs and Back

I felt a bit better today, but was consciously trying to not overexert myself during the day. I got the workout it without too many problems. The only problem I did have was my fingers were slipping off the pull-up bar and knocking down my reps.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 635; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - MAY 10, 2014 - Kenpo X

I had a lot of things swimming through my brain as I started the workout, and was almost on auto-pilot throughout the warmup and first set. After that I started concentrating more and the workout seemed to go real well. I felt good when I was done.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 492; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 140.


SUNDAY - MAY 11, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

Did OK. Only got in 48 consecutive Mason Twists before coming out of it. Then got back in and did 4 more. I hope I'm not as sore as I was last week after doing this routine.

Time: 18 minutes; Calories Burned: 133; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 144.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.8 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.1% (no change)

Overall, I'm eating better, but I did have a Whopper Value Meal on Friday, and did have some Low Fat Ice Cream and tortilla chips during the week. However, I didn't gorge myself on that stuff every day. As I said before.....Baby Steps. I'm simply not going to be happy going cold turkey on the nutrition, but I think I'm conscious of what I'm doing, and am headed in the right direction.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not much to say. I'm feeling better and think I've got my purpose back. That's BIG!!!

No comments: