Monday, December 31, 2018

WEEK OF 12/31/18 - P90X2 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 2

MONDAY - DECEMBER 31, 2018 - P90X2 - X2 Core

This one didn't go real well last week, so I wasn't looking forward to it. To refresh myself on the moves involved I watched a video review of this workout online from someone that did it for the first time, probably when it first came out. They didn't think it was that exceptional, but they were super, super fit.. Based on that, I went in with the attitude that it really wasn't that hard. It went well, and may have been one of my best workouts of the year, at least attitude wise. One other thing I did was use a mat. This made a huge difference, as I was able to plant my feet firmly and not have them sliding all over my carpet.I still wasn't able to balance real well on one leg, but that is what it is. On the moves I was able to keep form on, I did. I found myself doing a lot more reps than last time. Part of that was familiarity with the moves. Part of it was using the mat, and part of it was my attitude. This was a good way to end the year.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 295; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Intensity: 8; Form: 6.


***** YEARLY WEIGH IN *****
In 2018 I lost 25.2 lbs and 5.9% Body Fat. Not bad.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 1, 2019 - P90X2 - Plyocide

I wanted to build on yesterday's workout, and I succeeded to an extent. My stamina wasn't that great on a few on the moves (the Spartan Lunges come to mind), but I kept going.

NOTE: I am now back to using the Polar Heart Rate Monitor and scrapping the Fitbit for heart rate and caloric burn..

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 603; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 2, 2019 - P90X2 - Recovery + Mobility

It went fine. I still have problems with a couple to the balance moves. I still don't "get" the foam roller/ The hot spots just seem to be muscles moving back and forth. Once they move I move on. I did try to open my shoulders a bit.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 293; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Intensity: 6; Form: 7.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 3, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Total Body

By the third move I was wondering how I was going to get through this one, but I just took it one move at a time, and did it. I was Ok on most of the moves, with the exception of the one leg balance moves. I also didn't do well on the Crunchy Lever Pullups, only getting 4 the first time, and a shaky five the second time. I can't say I pushed myself a lot, but by the time I was wearing out, they were done with the move, so there wasn't a lot of time to do extra reps.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 599; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Intensity: 7; Form: 6.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 4, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

My intentions were good, but it just wasn't a great session. For some reason I got real tired during the Half Moon section. I came out of a few moves early, lost my balance a few times, and didn't even try the Wrap. Not sure what it was.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 495; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Intensity: 6; Form: 6.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 5, 2019 - P90X2 - Balance + Power

I has a lot of other things on my mind, so I wasn't looking forward to doing this today. I eventually got to it in the late afternoon. My attitude was a bit better once it started, but once again I couldn't lkkep my balance on a lot of the moves. I did push myself to increase my numbers from last week, and I did so on a few of the moves. Overall. I was happy with what I was able to do.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 580; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Intensity: 7; Form 6.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 6, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper

It went good. My feet hit a couple times near the end of the last moves, but otherwise, no issues.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 103; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Intensity: 7; Form: 8.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 176.4 (-1,2 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.2% (-0.3%)

I'm just eating less.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. I'm frustrated with all the one legged balance moves I struggle with, but I know it's overall good for my core.


No comments: