Tuesday, May 9, 2023

WEEK OF 05/08/2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 4 - WEEK 13

MONDAY, MAY 8, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Cardio 24

Last week of the round. I've set it up as a bit of a recovery week, alternating between Cardio 24 and Pure Stretch for the next six days. I didn't use either workout earlier in the round. Today's workout went OK. I knew it was short, so I pushed where I could.

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 118; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


TUESDAY, MAY 9, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

I was more flexible than I thought I'd be. The workout flew by. I'm very pleased.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 306; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Cardio 24

Same as Monday. It went well, and fast. Balance was OK.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 26 minutes; Calories Burned: 137; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


THURSDAY, MAY11, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

Nothing stood out as being better or worse than what I did on Tuesday, which is OK.

Start Time: 9:10 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 180; Avg Heart Rate: 92.


FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Cardio 24

I went pretty hard at it, but my lack of balance does limit me a bit. Sometimes the faster I go, the worse it gets, and it becomes counter productive, as I have to stop, regain my balance, and start over again. I think slower and steady is the answer.

Start Time: 9:20 pm; Workout Time: 26 minutes; Calories Burned: 118; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

Last workout of the round. Things went OK. Flexibility is not perfect, but it's probably a lot better than what it should be.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 177; Avg Heart Rate: 90.


SUNDAY - MAY 14, 2023 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 163.0 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.6%  (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This is the first time I've used this two workout rotation for the final week, and I wasn't sure how it was going to work out, but it went well. It gave my body a chance to heal up a bit, and it was also a good mental break. I'll do it again.


THOUGHTS FOR THE ROUND 

Overall, I put on 9.6 pounds and 2.6% body fat. Normally, those would be horrible numbers, but I've been needing to put on weight since I got sick. The body fat number should be controlled better though. I think my body is craving better food, so that is good.

The workouts went well. This is the second time I've used this schedule in general, and I like it. Each specific workout is only repeated every four weeks, so I don't get bored. I'm feeling stronger, and there were many times when I was able to increase my reps and/or weights.

I'm not as exhausted physically or mentally as I usually am after thirteen weeks, but I'm going to take a few weeks off just to prevent that, and then go at it again.


NOTE

This slipped by me, but May 12th, Friday, was my 15th anniversary of doing my first P90X workout. It's been a good 15 years.

No comments: