Monday, June 12, 2023

WEEK OF 06/12/2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 6 - WEEK 1

Starting Weight: 159.4 lbs
Starting Body Fat: 13.9%


MONDAY - JUNE 12, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15

I've been doing Power of 4 since late 2020. I can't say I was getting bored with it, because I wasn't, but I wanted to go back to my favorite program, which is the One On Ones. Today as 30-15, which is Chest and Back, and the original "Challenge" program as he calls them. I did 30 pushups and 6 pullups (with the Pullup Assist). I didn't have too many problems with either, and was surprised I didn't struggle with the pullups. It felt good to get back at it again. The first three days of this series are bears.

Start Time: 7:05 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 368; Avg Heart Rate: 114.  


TUESDAY - JUNE 13, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

I lost my ability to jump since the last time I did this one. What I learned from doing plyo routines in The Power of 4 was that I could try and make up by going deeper and exploding up with my legs instead of jumping off my feet, which is the problem. When all is said and done, this is more of a leg workout than a cardio workout (although your heart rate can get up). I tried taking that philosophy into this workout. Sometimes I was able to go deeper, sometimes not. On the moves where I had to touch the floor, I often lost my balance, so on many of them I just reached for the floor. It certainly wasn't perfect, but I don't think I cheated too much. I did what I could. My legs are going to feel it. 

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.  


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 14, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

I normally like working my arms, but today's workout was humbling. I was comparing my numbers to what I did the last time I did this workout, which was three years ago. I was usually 5 lbs less on each move, and some of those I struggled with. Granted, I'm three years older and I lost some strength when I got sick a few years ago, but it was eye opening. I didn't feel sorry for myself, played it smart, and did what I could. (Heart rate monitor seems to be done. New battery didn't even help.)

Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.  


THURSDAY - JUNE 15, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth Yoga

I am sore all over. This normally happens when I use this One ON One schedule, as the first three workouts are beasts. The workout usually loosens things up. Not today. I struggled through the first 10 minutes. When I got to the vinyasas, I physically couldn't fo them. My body just said no. I don't know if it was a mental thing, or what is was, but I spent most of the workout on the floor trying to use the meditation techniques I learned from Power Of 4.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.  


FRIDAY - JUNE 16, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

Some of the soreness has left. This workout is always tough for me because I'm trying to adjust to the bands with foot placement, etc and he's going so fast. I just kind of wing it. I'm now using Tony's resistance bands as opposed to the Beachbody ones, so I had to figure that out. I'd only used the blue band in other workouts, and couldn't get it above my head for some of the shoulder and tricep moves. I finally opened up the lighter resistance yellow band, and that seemed to work on those moves. I ordered a new heart rate monitor online.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.  


SATURDAY - JUNE 17, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Super Cardio

Never one of my favorites as Tony is admittedly in a poor mood. For some reason, I didn't notice it as much today. I can no longer do the jumping moves where he's twisting his body mid air, but I did what I could. I also didn't reach all the way to the floor on others because I lose my balance. I still got winded a bit.

Start Time: 9:00 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.  


SUNDAY - JUNE 18, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

I did better than I thought I would. My abs started burning a bit around the 7th moves, but they were OK afterwards. I was a bit slow on the Oblique Crunches.

Start Time: 9:20 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: ???; Avg Heart Rate: ???.  


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 159.2 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.1% (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It was rough, especially the first for days. Not being able to do the yoga was a real eye opener. I've always been able to get through it before at the start of a new round. My body is a bit tired, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the round.

No comments: