Monday, February 21, 2011

After Round 7 - Maintenance - Week of 2/21/11

Between Rounds Maintenance Schedule
=============================
The Plan is to do the same cardio schedule I did between Rounds 6 and 7:
Monday - Plyometrics
Tuesday - Interval X Plus
Wednesday - Kenpo Cardio Plus
Thursday - Yoga X
Friday - Cardio X (My modified Double Cardio version)
Saturday - Kenpo X
Sunday - Rest

I may also throw in a week of P90X Plus here and there to keep the strength up.

Also, I'm going to be adding some daily notes on my Nutrition along with the info on my workouts. Hopefully, that will hold me more accountable.

MONDAY - February 21, 2011 - Plyometrics
=================================
Time: 58:45 Pause Time: 0
Calories Burned: 630
Heart Rate - Avg: 127 Max: 156

I was a bit nervous about the cardio schedule because of my left knee situation, especially starting off with Plyo. However, I put the knee brace on and it seemed to hold up OK. I got a good workout in.

Nutrition: I ate like garbage yesterday (Sunday). I haven't been eating any junk lately so on the way back from grocery shopping I stopped and grabbed 2 Burger King Cheeseburgers. Not to justify things, but I haven't had one in months. I also made a homemade pizza with whole wheat dough and ate half of that. Today wasn't much better. Lunch today was a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich along with fries and a "medium" diet coke, which looked like a tub of Diet Coke when I got it. Haven't had much of any of those items lately either. I just needed a few "bad" days.

Also, after doing a little label reading research yesterday, I found the Baked Beans I had twice last week were loaded with sugar. There are alternative flavors with hardly any sugar, so I bought those instead. However, the real eye-opener was how much sugar was in the Cliff Protein Bars I've been eating. I'm going to definitely cut down on them and see if it makes a difference.

TUESDAY - February 22, 2011 - Interval X Plus
===================================
Time: 44:16 Pause Time: 0
Calories Burned: 450
Heart Rate - Avg: 124 Max: 154

I'm bummed a bit about my knee and my poor eating the last few days, so it was hard to get into the spirit of the workout. However, I still burned 450 calories, which is at the lower end of an Interval workout for me, but not far off from my average.

Nutrition: I really wanted to get back on track, as the poor eating is starting to get me depressed. I went back to my old breakfast of a Whole Wheat English Muffin with an egg, turkey bacon, and fat free cheese. When I got to the office I found someone had brought in a lot of sweets they didn't want. I held out for a while, but eventually caved, and had more than I should have. I realize it's affecting me mentally and phyically and I need to control it. I guess I just don't have a concrete plan. The P90X Nutrition Plan just doesn't seem to work for me, and I'm just feeling lost during the day right now. I've just been wanting to eat everything in sight. I did finish the day off with a Shakeology, which always makes me feel good.

WEDNESDAY - February 23, 2011 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
========================================
Time: 41:41 Pause Time: 0
Calories Burned: 391
Heart Rate - Avg: 119 Max: 148

This was one of my best Kenpo Cardio workouts. I felt good, kept pace with all the moves, and pretty much kept my balance. The calorie burn wasn't my highest, but it was a success otherwise. Nutritionwise, I ate good all day. Except for about 4 very small pieces of some chocolate thingys in the late afternoon to keep my energy up, everything else was good. An apple and oatmeal for breakfast, chicken taco for lunch, and a salad with two chicken breasts and some beans (the low sugar ones) for dinner.

THURSDAY - February 24, 2011 - Yoga X
===============================
Time: 1:35:00
Calories Burned: 605
Heart Rate - Avg: 100 Max: 133

My mind was wandering a lot, so I can't say this was a great workout. I was trying to concentrate, but found myself on auto-pilot a lot. I continued with my recent balance changes, and they worked OK in the vinyasa half, but I struggled with the Balance Postures on my left leg. Other than that, all was OK.

My eating was good and bad today. I started out good by passing up anything at Tim Horton's when I stopped to get something for a co-worker. However, a little while later, a company rep brought in some Tim Horton donuts. I ended up having a peanut one, but no more. Lunch was a tuna sub (forgot to order it on whole wheat), and I did have a can on Diet Pepsi. Post workout was an apple along with my regular low fat chocolate milk. I found myself really hungry afterwards and caved and finished the last two pieces of the pizza I'd made Sunday. It was on whole wheat, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I finished up with a Shakeology. It wasn't perfect, but it could have been a lot worse. No binges.

FRIDAY - February 25, 2011 - Cardio X (Modified)
=====================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:26
Calories Burned: 537
Heart Rate - Avg: 118 Max: 150

I hadn't eaten enough during the day and had very little energy. Not a great workout, and not a good calorie burn. I ate good during the day. No junk at all. I just didn't eat enough.

SATURDAY - February 26, 2011 - Kenpo X
================================
Time: 58:56
Calories Burned: 506
Heart Rate - Avg: 114 Max: 150

This was one of my best Kenpo X workouts ever. As I began the actual workout (after the warmup), I decided I was going to concentrate on keeping my heart rate up, and went though each move with that in mind, all the way to the end. Throughout the workout I noticed my heart rate was higher than normal. However, for some reason, my calorie burn and average heart rate didn't reflect this. The only thing I can figure is that my heart rate was lower than usual during the warmup and first few moves, so this brought the averages down a bit. Regardless, I was very, very happy with the workout. I ate good again today. No junk, but again, I think I still need to eat more.

SUNDAY - February 27. 2011 - Weigh In
==============================
Weight: 179.1 Body Fat: 23.1%

A loss of 2.4 lbs and .5% body fat. Great results. I basically concentrated on cutting down on the sugar. I stopped the Protein Bars after Tuesday, tried a lower sugar baked beans to go along with my chicken, and held myself back from eating excessive junk at work, even though it was available.

No comments: