Monday, February 28, 2011

After Round 7 - Maintenance - Week of 2/28/11

MONDAY - February 28, 2011 - Plyometrics
=================================
Time: 58:43
Calories Burned: 659
Heart Rate - Avg: 130 Max: 157

A good workout. My heart rate was up early, and I got a good calorie burn. My knees are still hurting a bit, but not as much as a few weeks ago, so I'm cautiously optimistic they're getting better. I'm still eating good. No excessive sugar.

TUESDAY - March 1, 2011 - Interval X Plus
================================
Time: 44:20
Calories Burned: 476
Heart Rate - Avg: 127 Max: 156

I felt pretty good throughout and got another good calorie burn. Had a Diet Pepsi with my lunch, but otherwise I'm still eating good.

WEDNESDAY - March 2, 2011 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=====================================
Time: 41:40
Calories Burned: 360
Heart Rate - Avg: 114 Max: 142

Not a lot of energy today. I wasn't sluggish, but it just wasn't explosive. A low heart rate and calorie burn to show for it. No junk today again, but must figure out a way to have more energy for the workout.

THURSDAY - March 3, 2011 - Yoga X
============================
Time: 1:36:28
Calories Burned: 579
Heart Rate - Avg: 98 Max: 126

I was debating on whether to do Yoga X or X Stretch. I decided I wanted the extra calorie burn, so I decided to do Yoga X. I was expecting a phone call later in the evening, so I was hoping to get it in before that happened. Therefore, I started out feeling rushed, and then the phone rang 12 minutes into the workout, and the interruption totally threw me off for the remainder of the workout. It was one of the worst Yoga X workouts I've had in a long time. My mind was all over the place, my heart monitor was slipping down my chest, my balance stunk, and I just wanted to get it over with. There's days like that, and I'll move on. The energy has been down a bit the last few days, so this morning I stopped at Tim Horton's and got one of their bagel sandwiches and a large hot chocolate with whipped cream. It's the most junk I've eaten in a week, but I hoped it might jump start me. I'm not sure that happened, but it tasted good. The rest of the day I ate pretty clean.

FRIDAY - March 4, 2011 - Cardio X (Modified)
==================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:43
Calories Burned: 545
Heart Rate - Avg: 118 Max: 151

Not a great workout. There's days when this workout doesn't excite me, and today was one of those days. The energy stiil isn't there. I need to get that figured out. I just wasn't into it, and I certainly wasn't "Bringing It". I dread doing the Dreya Rolls. The entire routine, I'm thinking about doing them, and it brings down the mood of the entire rest of the workout. I had three squares of pizza for lunch. Not because I wanted them, but because everyone in the office ordered a party pizza, and I was too tired to try and figure out something on my own. The good part is that's all the junk I had. No pop. No snacks.

SATURDAY - March 5, 2011 - Kenpo X
=============================
Time: 59:09
Calories Burned: 466
Heart Rate - Avg: 110 Max: 138

Just an average Kenpo X workout. At one point I looked ay my heart rate monitor and saw it wasn't working properly, so I'm thinking the heart rate and calorie burn numbers are a bit lower than they should be. I'm wondering if that's happened in the past, where I think I really "brought it", but the numbers weren't there. Ate clean again today.

SUNDAY - March 6, 2011 - Weigh In
===========================
Weight: 179.7 Body Fat: 23.4%

An increase of .6 lbs and .3% Body Fat. I'm not sure why the increase. No sweets for the week, and only a few small pieces of pizza on Friday. I did have a few meals of whole wheat pasta with veggies, including one yesterday afternoon. Maybe that's it?

No comments: