Monday, February 7, 2011

ROUND 7 - WEEK 12

This is a P90X Plus Week

MONDAY - February 7, 2011 - Upper Plus
===============================
Time: 47:06
Calories Burned: 498
Avg Heart Rate: 127
Max Heart Rate: 160

Easily the best Upper Plus workout I've ever had. I did as many, or more reps than I've ever done, and I cut my "Pause Time" down to about 4 minutes. The first few times I did Upper Plus this round, my "pause time' was about 12 minutes for the workout. Today, I didn't even hit the pause button until midway through the third set. By the time I got to "Biceps Everything", the second last exercise, my arms were spent, and I actually had to pause in the middle of that for about 20 seconds so I could get in my 32 reps. I took another small break and finished it up with 15 Combat Pushups, where I'd been stuck on 14 this round. I'm happy with the workout.

TUESDAY - February 8, 2011 - Interval X Plus
==================================
Time: 44:18
Calories Burned: 473
Avg Heart Rate: 127
Max Heart Rate: 155

I looked at my numbers for this routine this round and the calorie burns and heart rates are all similar. However, there's been times when I've felt really sluggish during the workout and other times I haven't. Today was one of the good days. I felt really crisp throughout, and that always makes it a good workout.

WEDNESDAY - February 9, 2011 - Total Body Plus
=====================================
Time: 56:30
Calories Burned: 600
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 153

I'm starting to think about this routine like I think about Core Synergistics. Not my favorite workout. There's just too many moves I don't like. I'm also gassed early on this one. It might be the long warmup, which is more like a mini-workout that a warmup. The third move, Deadlift Curl Presses also wears me out, so I tried decreasing the weight today from 30lbs to 25 lbs to see if that helped, It didn't. I took a lot of breaks, but did finish it up. I also burned 600 calories, which is good. I get another chance at this routine on Friday, so maybe I'll have a better attitude about it.

THURSDAY - February 10, 2011 - Yoga X
===============================
Time: 1:35:27
Calories Burned: 614
Avg Heart Rate: 101
Max Heart Rate: 130

I wasn't concentrating much of the time, and I spent a lot of time being frustrated over my lack of balance. It just wasn't a great session.

FRIDAY - February 11, 2011 - Total Body Plus
==================================
Time: 56:57
Calories Burned: 600
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 154

My attitude was bit better, but the numbers were almost identical to Wednesday's workout. Even though it's not my favorite workout, I still put in a good effort. I do want to cut down on the Pause time in the future.

SATURDAY - February 12, 2011 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=======================================
Time: 41:40
Calories Burned: 400
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 148

I was felling a bit uncoordinated on a few of the moves, so I think I was maybe holding back a tiny bit so I didn't fall on my head. Hence, the low calorie burn. However, I still enjoyed the workout however.

SUNDAY - February 13, 2011 - Weigh in and Abs/Core Plus
============================================
Weight: 180.1 Body Fat: 23.4%

A decrease of .4 lbs and no change in body fat %. I actually thought I might have an increase because my eating wasn't great this week, but it wasn't bad either. I guess I shouldn't be satisfied with just settling for what happens. If I really want my abs to "pop" and really feel great most of the time, I should be making it happen.

ABS/CORE PLUS
Time: 24:25
Calories Burned: 241
Avg Heart Rate: 122
Max Heart Rate: 205

Maybe my best effort at this routine. I tried to minimize the pause time by writing down my results for multiple moves instead of after each one. One thing I noticed is that for the small amount of time it takes to do this workout, I burn a lot of calories. And that's starting with minimal warmup and a low heart rate. I also noticed my max heart rate spikes around 200 somewhere. I'm guessing it's on one of the hanging moves. Overall, a good job.

No comments: