Tuesday, March 15, 2011

After Round 7 Maintenance - Week of 3/14/2011

MONDAY - March 14, 2011 - Stationary Bike
=================================
Time: 1:02:47
Calories Burned: 433
Heart Rate - Avg: 103 Max: 113

My knees were a bit beat up so I thought I'd pass on Plyo and try riding my stationary bike, which I haven't used in over a year. I was curious as to the calorie burn I'd get in an hour. Turns out it wasn't much. My heart rate never got real high, and stayed steady throughout the workout. The final calorie burn was exactly what I burned during my horrible Kenpo X workout on Saturday. I may do this again a few times duuring maintanance when my knees need a rest, or I simply need a change of pace, but I can't see myself relying on it full time.

TUESDAY - March 15, 2011 - Interval X Plus
=================================
Time: 44:16
Calories Burned: 490
Heart Rate - Avg: 129 Max: 159

My body is getting really, really tired, and I'm seriously considering taking a week or two off to let it recover and let my mind refresh itself. I was really thinking of doing that today, as i was really exhausted when I got home, and my spirit wasn't there. However, I didn't want to not do it because I didn't feel like working out, so I went at it. I got a great calorie burn on this one. One of my highest with Interval X, so I'm happy I did it.

WEDNESDAY - March 16, 2011 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
======================================
Time: 41:39
Calories Burned: 404
Heart Rate - Avg: 121 Max: 150

I felt good during the workout and the calorie burn was a bit above what I've been getting lately from this routine, so I'm happy. I'm still trying to eat better. It's still not great, but no junk.

THURSDAY - March 17, 2011 - Yoga X
=============================
Time: 1:34:47
Calories Burned: 666
Heart Rate - Avg: 104 Max: 135

I really wasn't looking forward to a 90 minute workout today, so I was thinking of alternatives: Plyo (which I didn't do on Monday), or even repeating Kenpo Cardio Plus because I love it, and it's only 41 minutes. However, I decided to do Yoga X, and once again, I'm glad I did. My mind wandered a bit, but overall I felt good, and did a good job. My balancing was OK, but not perfect, and everything else went well.

FRIDAY - March 18. 2011 - Cardio X (Modified)
===================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:08
Calories Burned: 564
Heart Rate - Avg: 121 Max: 157

I got a good sweat worked up on this one, as I always do, but it really doesn't get going until the Core section, at which point my heart rate really gets elevated. I'm always going back and forth on whether I should do Insanity, but telling myself no. I'm thinking it's probably somehere near or above the intensity of the Core section of Cardio X, just for a lot longer than 10 minutes. I probably should consider it more. I never thought I could do P90X, and I have, so maybe I should look at Insanity in the same way.

SATURDAY - March 19, 2011 - Kenpo X
==============================
Time: 59:04
Calories Burned: 615
Heart Rate - Avg: 126 Max: 157

I didn't eat really great during the first part of the day. Some greasy fish sticks and some pancakes (whole wheat), so I was feeling a bit heavy going into the workout, and was a bit stiff during the warmup. I didn't want to repeat my pathetic effort from last week, so once the actual workout began I really concentrated on trying to keep my heart rate up. It worked big time. I got my heart rate to 130 during the first section (punching), and noticed it hit 150 during a few of the kicking routines. It maxed out at 157 during Hook, Uppercut, Sidekick in the last section. I think this may be the first time I've ever hit 600 calories burned during this workout, so I'm very happy. I just need to concentrate on the eating a bit more, and make the committment. It's not bad, but could still be better.

SUNDAY - March 20, 2011 - Weigh In
============================
Weight: 179.1 Body Fat: 23.0%

A decrease of .1 lbs and .1% body fat. Could have been worse. I have been eating a lot more lately, but I haven't been eating a lot of sweets. I've had a few tuna subs lately, and I know there's a bit of mayo and cheese on those.

No comments: