Monday, March 7, 2011

After Round 7 Maintenance - Week of 3/7/2011

MONDAY - March 7, 2011 - Plyometrics
==============================
Time: 58:49
Calories Burned: 653
Heart Rate - Avg: 130 Max: 160

I was a bit bummed because I ate pretty good the last week and it didn't show on the scale. I should know better, but it still gets frustrating a bit. I actually ate like crap Sunday and most of today, but the good part is I didn't like it, and I'll be back to eating well. I just needed to get the frustration out of my system. Today's workout started a bit slow from the frustration, but the more I got into it the better I felt about things. I turned in a pretty good sweat and calorie burn, so I'm happy.

TUESDAY - March 8, 2011 - Interval X Plus
================================
Time: 44:18
Calories Burned: 464
Heart Rate - Avg: 126 Max: 156

Interval X is always a good workout for me. It's almost impossible not to get a good calorie burn, and today fit right in. I'm still eating some junk here and there on purpose, and on the drive home from work today, I realized why. I ate pretty good last week, almost perfectly, and still added some weight and bodt fat. I thought it was just because I was pissed off and getting back at myself. However, today's realization was I'm eating the junk on purpose to see what effect it'll have on my weigh-in. If I lose weight, or even gain as much as I did last week, what's the point of eating well and depriving myself? The fact of the matter point is that I don't even enjoy the junk food anymore, and I know in the long run, it will catch up to me. It'll put me in worse health, and I know it certainly puts me in a worse state mentally and mood-wise. So maybe that small increase last week was a blessing in disguise.

WEDNESDAY - March 9, 2011 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=====================================
Time: 41:37
Calories Burned: 407
Heart Rate - Avg: 122 Max: 151

"Brought It" today. This is a tough workout to really go full throttle, but I concentrated on going as hard as I could. Decent calorie burn. Certainly more than I've had from this workout lately. Still not eating great.

THURSDAY - March 10, 2011 - X Stretch
===============================
I allow myself a bit of flexibility with the schedule when I'm not on official rounds, so I did X Stretch today instead of Yoga X. I just needed an easy day. I wasn't as flexible today as usual, but it still went well. Ate much better today.

FRIDAY - March 11, 2011 - Cardio X (Modified)
===================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time:58:56
Calories Burned: 579
Heart Rate - Avg: 122 Max: 152

One of the better calorie burns I've had on this routine in a while. I noticed my heart rate was starting to get up early, which was encouraging. Still eating OK, but not perfect. Had a few cheese crackers at work, and another Diet Pepsi for lunch. I'm just not into eating great right now. Maybe it's the long winter that never seems to end. I'm itching for spring, and playing some golf.

SATURDAY - March 12, 2011 - Kenpo X
==============================
Time: 59:02
Calories Burned: 433
Heart Rate - Avg: 106 Max: 132

Crappy workout, and it all starts with the eating. I had a heavy lunch (chicken and baked beans)a few hours before the workout, and I was sluggish. My heart rate never got up. I really, really, really need to figure out my diet.

SUNDAY - March 13, 2011 - Weigh In
============================
Weight: 179.2 Body Fat: 23.1%

A loss of .5 lbs and .3% Body Fat. A step in the right direction. I was expecting an increase, but I didn't really eat too bad later in the week. I'm realizing I don't think I really need to follow a fixed diet per se. I know what I'm supposed to be eating, and what I'm not supposed to be eating, so it should work itself out.

No comments: