Monday, December 3, 2012

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 4 - Week of 12/03/2012

MONDAY - DECEMBER 3, 2012 - Yoga X

Long day at work, and I was exhausted when I got home. I wasn't looking forward to a 92 minute workout, even if it was Yoga, but I did it, and felt good afterwards.

Calories Burned: 755; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 144.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 4, 2012 - Core Synergistics

I've mentioned this before in older posts, but I just don't like this workout. A lot of the moves annoy me, especially the ones with weights, and even the background music annoys me. Tony's energy level seems down, as are Dreya's, Adam's, and Pam the Blam's. However, it's still a good workout. I haven't done this routine in over a year, so I used 10 lb weight, where I usually had used 15 lbs in the past on most of the weight moves. Anyways, I did my best and got it in.

Calories Burned: 582; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 5, 2012 - Cardio X

In the official P90X Classic schedule, this would be a Kenpo X day. Cardio X is not on the Classic schedule, so I've decided to sub it in for Kenpo X on the three Recovery Weeks. It's not the toughest workout of the group, but by the end I'm always sweating like crazy.

Calories Burned: 388; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 194.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 6, 2012 - X-Stretch

I always look forward to X-Stretch when it comes up in the rotation. It's a day I don't have to beat my body up. Much needed today. While calories / heart rate aren't really an issue here, I still keep track. They were a lot higher than previous X-Stretch workouts. I'm eating like crazy lately, and it's not all good. I've also started drinking coffee at work, and I've never been a coffee drinker. I think it's stress related, and I think the coffee is leading to the eating, so I think it's a simple solution. Cut out the coffee.

Calories Burned: 261; Avg Heart Rate: 91; Max Heart Rate: 126.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 7, 2012 - Core Synergistics

I had to be somewhere this evening, so I did the workout immediately after I got home from work. As much as I don't like this workout, I have to admit the hour does go by fast.

Calories Burned: 617; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 8, 2012 - Yoga X

I'm still eating like crap, more than I ever have. It's getting me depressed. I need to break the cycle. I'm not lookng forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. I'm doing all this work, and feel like I'm going backwards. I really labored through this workout. My balance was almost non-existent. The last four times I've done this workout, I've burned over 700 calories. Normally, I'd think that was a great thing, but my average heart rate has been around 109, where it's normally around 105 for Yoga X. I'm wondering if I'm working that much harder, or if it's my heart that is working that much harder because of the poor eating.

Calories Burned: 706; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 139.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 9, 2012 - Weigh-In

Weight: 175.4; Body Fat: 22.3%

An increase of .7 lbs and .3% body fat. Not good, but it could have been worse the way I ate this week. Something to concentrate on.

No workout today. End of Recovery Week.



No comments: