Monday, February 25, 2013

INSANITY: ASYLUM (VOLUME 2) - ROUND 1 - WEEK 3 - Week of 2/25/2013

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 25, 2013 - X Trainer

There are days when you can't get out of your own way, and other days when everything seems to go smoothly. Today was a smooth day. My third time doing this routine, and I did much, much better on the agility exercises. I'm still nowhere close to being perfect on any of them, but I am starting to get it. I upped my weight from 15 lbs to 20 lbs on the Pyramid Weight Progressions with no problems.

Calories Burned: 542; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 159.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 26, 2013 - Upper Elite

Every once in a while you have a workout where you really max yourself out, and today was one of those days. Two weeks ago, I used 15 lb weights for all the weighted moves. Last week I used 20 lbs, and today I increased it to 25 lbs. One thing that makes this workout so tough is the pace. Shaun is relentless. I was tempted to hit thr Pause button for the first time in ages, but I never did. I got through it, and I was "toast" at the end, but it was a good "toast".

Calories Burned: 669; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 159.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 27, 2013 - Power Legs

Another really good workout. That's three in a row this week. My focus was there today. I was able to stay with them on the band moves. I probably didn't do as many reps as they did, but I wasn't stumbling all over the place like I had been the first two times I did this workout. I'm pleased, and am really, really happy with the program in general.

Calories Burned: 520; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 152.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2013 - Off Day Stretch

I ate dinner before I did this, and I felt it, even though it was only a light stretch workout. Bad idea.

Calories Burned: 131; Avg Heart Rate: 89; Max Heart Rate: 111.


FRIDAY - MARCH 1, 2013 - Back and 6-Pack

This wasn't as great a workout as the first 3 days this week, but it was an improvement over last week. The weighted pulses are still the toughest move for me, but I got through them OK, as I did with the pullup moves. I did 7 wide grip pullups to start the workout. I remember when I couldn't do any.

Calories Burned: 381; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 181.


SATURDAY - MARCH 2, 2013 - Championship / Sudden Death OT

A good workout. I raised my weights to 25 lbs for the Weight Lifting Section. I noticed something during that section. He said we were doing four reps on each of the four circuits. On the third circuit I stppoed at four, but I think they did two more reps. I was out of gas anyways. I'll have to watch closer next time. I got in 5 reps on the Fit Test section. The agility part of that seems to be coming easier to me now.

Calories Burned: 590; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 190.


SUNDAY - MARCH 3, 2013 - Ab Shredder and Weigh-In

Ab Shredder
I upped my numbers on a lot of the moves, which is good. After the workout, I layed on the floor and watched the workout a second time through. While doing this I could feel the tightness in my abs, so I know this thing works. Great workout.

Calories Burnhed: 163; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 135.

Weigh-In
Weight: 176.4; Body Fat: 22.4%

A loss of .4 lbs and .1% body fat. Again, no major changes, but I do feel better. I still need to clean up the eating a bit.

No comments: