Monday, November 4, 2013

FOCUS T25 - WEEK 3 - Week of 11/04/2013

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 4, 2013 - Alpha Cardio

I'm making the commitment to eat better this week, then take it one week at a time. I want to lose 20-25 lbs. At one time I was down about 50 lbs from when I started back in 2008, but I've put back on that 20-25 lbs over the last year or so and am not happy with myself about it. I lost it before and want to do it again. Today's workout went well. It's the third time I've done it, and I've gotten better each time, in that I'm able to do more.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 159.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - Speed 1.0

I was feeling a bit down going into the workout. I haven't been "comfort" eating the last two days and I'm getting a bit irritable. Hopefully, that will pass soon. I didn't have a great workout. I'm getting a bit tired of Shaun's choreographed moves. I want to workout, not dance. I think I'd be getting a more effective workout if I didn't have to keep stopping because I couldn't get myself coordinated with what they are doing. I even stepped away for a few seconds during the Heisman crossword thingys where they were clapping their hands between their legs. It just seemed so silly. I was thinking to myself if someone came in and saw what I was doing, I'd almost be embarrassed doing a lot of the moves. Hopefully my attitude will be better tomorrow.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 264; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 149.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 6, 2013 - Total Body Circuit

I wanted to get this one done earlier than usual this evening, and I did. It wore me out. I admit I dogged one some of the moves. For some reason I'm really, really struggling with any of the pushup moves. I think the same thing was happening when I was doing them in the Pump / Combat hybrid I just finished. I just haven't done concentrated pushups in 6 months or so, and I can't even remember the last time I did a pullup. I'm still not motivated to the point I want and need to be to be getting the most out of these workouts. I'm really looking forward to P90X3 coming out next month. Tony seems to motivate me more than some of the other trainers. In the meantime, I'll do the best I can, and have to realize I'm going to have "down" days.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 157.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 7, 2013 - Stretch

Not much to say about the workout. It came at the right time. I needed the break. I'm still trying to eat better this week. I'm not perfect, but I'm doing OK, and am happy with myself there.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 127; Avg Heart Rate: 93; Max Heart Rate: 174.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 8, 2013 - Ab Intervals

I felt good during the workout for some reason. I'm really working on eating better, so I'm sure that's part of it. When I came home today I caved and had more than a few pieces of leftover Halloween candy I had stashed in the freezer. Then I ate a stale piece of pizza I had leftover from last Sunday, but I'm OK with all that. I'm not craving it.

Time: 25 minutes; calories Burned: 204; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 147.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 9, 2013 - Lower Focus

I think this may have been my best T25 workout yet. I was really pushing myself to get through the fatigue. I did miss a few reps here and there, but for the most part I got it done. I still can't hop off my left foot, and still lose my balance on the floor touches, but it is what it is. I'm happy overall.

 Time 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 267; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 149.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 10, 2013 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH-IN
Weight: 192.0 (-2.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.3% (-0.5%)

Both are great numbers. I worked to get them by concentrating on eating better this week. I feel good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This week it was about eating better. I made a concerted effort to do that. While I wasn't perfect by any means, it's big step in the right direction. I really pushed myself during Saturday's workout.

No comments: