Monday, November 25, 2013

FOCUS T25 - WEEK 6 - Week of 11/25/2013

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 25, 2013 - Core Cardio

I actually think I did worse today than last week. I had to stop for a few seconds a few times to catch my breath. I may have done the same last week, but I can't remember. One problem that's definitely holding me back is my right calf muscle. It's still really sore and I'm afraid to go all out for fear I'll make it worse. The smart thing to do would be to totally rest it until it heals completely, but that might take a month, and I'm not willing to shut myself down for that long. I'll just have to work around it.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate:155.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 26, 2013 - Speed 2.0

My right calf muscle was sore all day so I decided to try doing the workout in sneakers to cushion some of the landings, and also to give myself better support so my calves wouldn't take so much of a beating. I may have worked out in sneakers at some point in the last five and a half years, but if I did, I can't remember when. I'm always in bare feet because I feel more in touch with what I'm doing. Anyways, I felt like my calves came out OK, but I also felt like I was moving a lot slower, and my legs were starting to feel real heavy a lot quicker. I think I'll only use sneakers in the future in cases like this.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 293; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 151.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 27, 2013 - Rip't Circuit

I figured out the "circuit" on this one today. Cardio-Upper-Lower-Core. 6 times through that circuit, with each exercise lasting 1 minute. I did OK, but better than Monday or Tuesday. My calf muscle felt much better today, but it also wasn't getting incessantly pounded on each exercise. I'm eating poorly again.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 232; Avg heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 210.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 28, 2013 - Stretch

Today is Thanksgiving. I didn't eat real bad, or even overeat today, but I've been eating poorly the entire week, so it caught up to me. I've been really, really sluggish all day. So much so, that I was dreading even doing a Stretch workout. I did get it in, did OK with it, and do feel a little better. Once again, I need to focus on my nutrition. I feel so much better when I eat better. I just don't plan well, and I think that starts with what I buy at the grocery store.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 166; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 114.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 29, 2013 - Dynamic Core

I'm still feeling sluggish, but I realize it's going to take a few days to get all the crap out of my body that I've ingested this week, mostly diet pop. My calf still hurts, so I had to take it a bit easy on the jumping exercises again. Very frustrating. My legs in general feel like lead, and my body is pretty much sore all over. I guess that's good. The workout went OK. I was really tiring near the end, and screwed up the last move which was walking planks with progression burpees. I wasn't watching the screen so didn't realize they were progressions and was only doing one each time. I caught it on the last sequence. I'm not sure I'd have been able to do them all anyways.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 229; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 142.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 30, 2013 - Upper Focus

I was feeling a little better this morning, so I got the workout in late morning. I think it was by far my best effort of the week. I wasn't as sluggish as I had been. Again, I had to take it easy on the bouncing moves, but the rest went well. I used 15 lb weights again. I might try bumping those up to 20's next time. One thing I'm noticing with these workouts is that I'm exhausted by the time I get to the cooldown. Today I could barely do it. Another good sign. All in all, I'm pleased.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 260; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 151.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 1, 2013 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 195.8 (+1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.5% (+0.4%)

The gain wasn't unexpected based on the way I ate this week. I think this is the heaviest I've weighed in years, and it's really depressing. What's even more depressing is that I feel I can't control it. I know better than that, but the "purpose" no longer seems to be there. I need to get that back.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It's Sunday morning. I just weighed myself to the heaviest I've ever been in years, so I'm obviously not feeling too good about things. I'm now questioning the program I'm doing. For the last 5 months or so, doing Pump/Combat and now Focus T25, most of the workouts have been of the shorter variety. I like that, but at the same time I feel like I'm cheating myself. The eating thing is my fault and something I need to address, but I'm wondering if I'm slacking off by doing these "quick" workouts. Yes, I'm really tired after doing a T25 workout, but I was also tired after doing a 60 minute P90X workout, and I feel I got a lot more out of it. I think I've decided to cut this T25 round from 13 weeks to 10 weeks so I can start P90X3 the first week of January. It's not that I'm getting real bored with T25. I'm just wondering if it's doing what I want it to do. I seem to be going through the motions, just to say I got a workout in. As I said above, there seems to be no driving "purpose" behind it. It's simply not motivating me because I don't see any results. Maybe that's my fault. Maybe not.


No comments: