Monday, October 28, 2013

FOCUS T25 - WEEK 2 - Week of 10/28/2013

MONDAY - OCTOBER 28, 2013 - Alpha Cardio

I felt good going into this one today, and I thought I did much better than last week. I can certainly feel it in my lower calve muscles.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 286; Avg Heart Rate: 134; Max Heart Rate: 158.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 29, 2013 - Speed 1.0

Again, I did better than last week, because I was a bit more familiar with the moves, and also because I've been feeling better because I'm eating better. I got a good sweat on despite the fact there is a lot of stretch moves intertwined with the cardio moves. Despite all that, I'm still not convinced 25 minutes and 255 calories burned is enough for me. We'll see as time goes on. I made a commitment to see this through.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 255; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 156.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 30, 2013 - Total Body Circuit

I remembered this was the toughest workout from last week, so I was looking forward to going at it today. I did much better than last week, but it still humbled me in spots. I missed some of the various pushup reps and also some on the spin around squat burpee moves. There were others I was slow on, but those stand out in my mind. A good workout. One thing I must say is that my average heart rate was over 130 for two of the three routines this week. Over 120 is good for me. Over 130 is really good for me. However, I do keep in mind that that figure doesn't include a warm up time or a cool down time like it does on other routines I've done, which will generally decrease the average a bit, but it's still good. I'm tired and sweating when done.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 293; Avg Heart Rate: 134; Max Heart Rate: 213.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 31, 2013 - Stretch

Stretch went OK. Halloween tonight. Bought a lot of candy. It was raining hard outside. No kids showed up. Ate a bunch of leftover candy. Had been having a good eating week. Just destroyed it. Pissed off at myself, but must rebound and regroup.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 136; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 112.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 1, 2013 - Ab Intervals

I did OK, but there were a few moves that I got fatigued on.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 199; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 147.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2013 - Lower Focus

I got this one in before noon so I can enjoy the rest of the day and not have to think about it. I did pretty good. I kept up with the reps, except on the spinning lunges. I still don't have my footwork down on that one. I tried going deeper in my squats when I had the chance. I'm thinking I can still go deeper. I have to work on my lunges. My ankles don't allow me to bend my legs straight back, so my knees buckle in. I need to find a way to make that work somehow. Maybe adjust my feet a bit.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 244; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 143.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 3, 2013 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH-IN
Weight: 194.6 (+0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.3% (+0.1%)

Not what I was expecting. I was expecting a gain of about 3 lbs because of the way I ate this week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I got the workouts in, but I ate like crap. I used to have a purpose for doing all this, but I feel it's lost. I used to be excited about what I could do during a workout and how many pounds I'd lost. I'm not anymore. The 25 minute workouts are tough, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating myself with the short workouts. It seems like Beachbody put them out to sell to more people, not challenge those who want the challenge. I'm sure I'll get over it, but that's how I feel today. Eating wise, I'm pissed at myself. Ever since I got the new scale earlier this year that was showing I weighed 10 lbs more than I thought, my morale has sunk to an all time low. I need to get over that feeling and get back my purpose.



No comments: