Monday, December 2, 2013

FOCUS T25 - WEEK 7 - Week of 12/02/2013

MONDAY - DECEMBER 2, 2013 - Core Cardio

My right calf muscle is still sore, but I decided to go for it and do the best I could, for as long as I could. That turned out to be about three and a half minutes when I felt the muscle really tweak. I kept going full blast for another few minutes, but then decided to follow Tania, who was doing the modified, less impact moves. For the rest of the workout I went harder when I didn't have to rely on the right calf, and modified a bit when I did. It wasn't the best workout, but I got through it. I've also set a goal for myself to lose ten pounds by the end of the year.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 279; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 151.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 3, 2013 - Upper Focus

Today was supposed to be Speed 2.0, but my calf muscle is getting worse, so there was no way I'd have been able to get through that workout. Upper Focus is usually my Saturday workout and doesn't have too much jumping around in it, so I decided to swap days. On the cardio moves that were in Upper Focus I had to modify or just march in place. I did OK on the strength moves, and used 15 lbs for all the weight moves. I was thinking of using 20's, but didn't want to take a chance under the circumstances, and played it safe.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 253; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 206.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 4, 2013 - Rip't Circuit

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and was drained at work near the end of the day. Afterwards we had our office Christmas dinner and I did OK except for the piece of Peanut Butter Chocolate pie I talked myself into. Because I was totally exhausted and bloated by the time I got home at 9pm, I thought I'd skip todays workout and push it into tomorrow. However, I talked myself into doing it, and got it in between 10:30 and 11:00pm. Again I had to modify the cardio moves, but did OK on the rest, except for the one legged burpees, which were OK on my left leg, but impossible on my injured right one. Despite all that, I did burn a decent amount of caloriies for the 25 minutes.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 287; Avg heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 204.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 5, 2013 - Stretch

This was one of my better Stretch session. I felt relaxed and was a bit more flexible than usual.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 141; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 218.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 6, 2013 - Dynamic Core

I'm still eating horribly and it's bothering me a lot. I simply have to decide to do it right. In today's workout I still had to modify any move that was jarring my right calf. The good thing is that I finished up strong, doing all 21 of the burpee squat thingys.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 219; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Ma Heart Rate: 154.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 7, 2013 - Speed 2.0

This was my normal Tuesday workout that I swapped to today with hopes my calf muscle would be feeling better. The calf is still tender, but the pain had moved up to the back of my knee. I knew I couldn't go full blast, so I was planning on just following Tania and do the modifiers. I decided just before the workout to try it in sneakers again to give myself more stability. It turns out by doing that I was able to do most of the moves at 80%-90% without modifying, so I actually got in a pretty good workout. It was the most calories I've burned in any of the T25 workouts this round, and it was also my highest average heart rate.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 329; Avg Heart Rate: 140; Max Heart Rate: 162.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 8, 2013 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 198.0 (+2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (+0.3%)

Horrific numbers, but deserved. I ate tons of sweets this week. Mostly Christmas Cookies that people had brought into the office. I'm a bit scared by the overall weight increase during the last year or so, but I'm also looking at it as a real wake up call, and a challenge to get back to where I was. That used to be my motivation, and I'd lost it.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The horrible eating is first and foremost in my mind. As I said, I'm a bit scared that I won't be able to get it back down. I know in the back of my mind that I can if I want to, but I'm nervous I'll talk my self out of it. As far as the workouts go, it was a bad week because of my sore calf muscle. I was "babying" it and couldn't go all out, so it was frustrating. I've decided to cut this Focus T25 round to 10 weeks so I can start P90X3 at the beginning of the year. This means I'm done with the Beta section, and I'll start the Gamma section, which is strength training, on Monday.



No comments: