Monday, March 10, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 11 - Week of 03/10/2014

MONDAY - MARCH 10, 2014 - Eccentric Upper

Feeling a little sluggish, but a lot of that is from general soreness. My body is really getting tired and I think last week's Complex workouts has a lot to do with that. I got through today's workout OK, but I was cursing the shortness of the breaks. I used 25 lbs on the heavier weight workouts, and 15s on the lighter ones.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 153.


TUESDAY - MARCH 11, 2014 - Triometrics

Not sure what to say. I don't like this workout. I can't balance on one leg, and am not sure if I'll ever physical be able to do it because of my feet and ankles. I've done my best in the past, but today I was more frustrated than ever. Half the moves require one legged balance. I tried to modify by keeping the toe of my "free" foot on the ground, but all I felt like I was doing was bending over and touching the ground, and not really accomplishing anything. By the time I got to the Slater Squats, which are nothing more than burpees with pushups, I was mentally done. I don't want to do burpees and pushups during a leg workout. I went through the motions (slowly) on that one. On top of all that, my heart rate monitor shut off 3 minutes into the workout. All in all, not a good workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 280 (estimated); Avg Heart Rate: 115 (est); Max Heart Rate: 150 (est).


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 12, 2014 - Incinerator

We had a major blizzard in the area today so I didn't have to go into work. I spent some of it sleeping. I didn't realize how tired I really was. I got the workout in around 4:15 in the afternoon. It certainly went a lot better than yesterday's. I forgot to up my weights on the heavier exercises. I used 25s again, and I could probably use those to 30s or 35s or even 40s, depending on the exercise. I used 15s on the lighter weight moves, including the Monkey Presses. The pullups and chin-ups went better than usual, and I did 26 reps on the pushups and Pike Presses. My arms feel like jello afterwards, but that's the point.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 277; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 149.


THURSDAY - MARCH 13, 2014 - X3 Yoga

Not much to say. I'm still trying to find that balance of relaxing and doing the postures correctly. It didn't work today. My balance was slightly better on some poses and non-existent on others.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 193; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 118.


FRIDAY - MARCH 14, 2014 - Eccentric Lower

This isn't real tough workout for me, except for the balancing. Tonight the balancing was better than usual. I even did 9 Front Kicks standing on my right leg and not tapping my left foot.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SATURDAY - MARCH 15, 2014 - MMX

Good workout. I hate the Sprawls, but I did most of them. There were a few times I was just flailing my arms around instead of being crisp with my moves because I was exhausted, but I did the best I could.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 311; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SUNDAY - MARCH 16, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

Did Ok. Came out of C-Y Reach once because my thighs were burning, but other than that I went right through.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 120; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 132.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.8 (-1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.9% (-0.2%)

A step in the right direction. Far from perfect, but a step nonetheless.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not much to say this week. The workouts went well. I lost a pound. If I can stay this consistent, I'll be OK.

No comments: