Monday, March 17, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 12 - Week of 03/17/2014

MONDAY - MARCH 17, 2014 - Complex Upper

Tough workout. I did all the pushups and all the press lunges. I increased my weight to 15s on those. I didn't do so well on the pull-ups however, sometimes only getting 4 in a set. I'd thought about using the Pull-up Assist, but decided I'd try my best without it. I'm still happy with what I did though.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 334; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 158.


TUESDAY - MARCH 18, 2014 - Complex Lower

Not as hard as yesterday's workout, but I still broke quite a sweat. I used 15 lb weights on the squats and 10s on the bounders. I think I mentioned last week that I could have used heavier weights on the squats. I'll try and remember than for Friday's repeat of this workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 322; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 19, 2014 - Pilates X

There were a few moves I could have done better, like those involving the side planks, where I left my hip on the floor, simply because I didn't feel like raising it and making the move more difficult. (I hate side planks.) One thing I've been noticing lately is that with my bad knees (bending in), it's almost impossible to straighten my leg fully, especially when moving it out to the side. My hip flexibility is horrible. It's amazing how you get to learn your body while doing these exercises.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 141; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 113.


THURSDAY - MARCH 20, 2014 - Complex Upper

I had to be somewhere early evening, so I was debating whether I should do X3 Yoga instead, because I didn't want to beat myself up with this workout before I left. After thinking about it, I decided to stick with Complex Upper, mostly because I wanted to get it out of the way, and not have to dread doing it later in the week. I rushed home from work, changed into my workout clothes, threw the disc in, and got it done. I did well, I got all the pushups in, even getting some good height on the X Plyo's. I still struggle with the pull-ups, and again only got in 4 to 5 on most sets, but again, I didn't use the Pullup Assist. I want to get better with the regular unassisted ones. On the Press Lunges, I used 15s again, and on the middle sets I found myself getting decent height and even bending my back leg a little more than usual. I'm glad I got this one in today.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 312; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 159.


FRIDAY - MARCH 21, 2014 - Complex Lower

Very happy with the workout. I increased my weights on the squats to 25lb dumbbells and didn't have any problems. I actually was bending my knees better with them. I did good on the Speed Skaters, getting 3 jumps on almost all the moves. I'm still having problems getting my coordination on the Bounders. Again, very proud of myself.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 327; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - MARCH 22, 2014 - X3 Yoga

Not much to say. I got through it OK, but my balance wasn't the greatest. Sometimes, I try too hard to get it down, but that only makes it worse.

Time: 30 minutes: Calories Burned: 200; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 120.


SUNDAY - MARCH 23, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

I did all the moves without any breaks.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 100; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 135.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.4 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (-0.1%)

Ate like crap this week. I'm surprised I didn't put on more.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm getting burned out. Didn't eat well. One week to go in this Round and thank goodness it's mostly recovery workouts.



No comments: