Monday, March 3, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 10 - Week of 03/03/2014

MONDAY - MARCH 3, 2014 - Complex Upper

I'm restructuring my Block 3 from the regular schedule to more mimic the original P90X schedule. However, this week (and week 12), I'm going to be doing the Elite Schedules, which are bonus workouts. Complex Upper is a PAP workout, a type of sequence that was introduced in P90X2. In this workout, you do five moves, then repeat them three more times. Because there are a few minutes left in the workout, Tony then repeats them again (for a fifth time) in the Burnout Round, but only doing about half the reps. In each set there are two moves on the Pullup Bar, two pushup moves, and a set of lunges where you are pushing up weights over you shoulders. I predictably didn't do great on the pullups, getting about 5 unassisted reps in while they were doing twelve. I did better than expected on the X Plyo Pushups, getting in all eight on the last few sets, and also did all 12 of the Bird Dog pushups on the last few sets. I also got in all the lunge reps, but only used 10 lb weights. I'll try 15s next time. Shawn was using 25s on the video. That may take a while to get to that point. Overall, this was a good workout, and one I can work at getting better at.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 315; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 211.


TUESDAY - MARCH 4, 2014 - Complex Lower

I was looking forward to this one today because I figured it would be much easier than yesterday's Complex Upper. Upper body strength is my weakness. I'm usually better at lower body stuff as long as it doesn't involve balancing on one leg. I'm drenched in sweat. I burned almost the exact amount of calories I burned yesterday. Granted, I did miss some reps yesterday, and none today, but it was still tough, In the first set I had to watch what they were doing a bit to get the moves down, but after that I was fine. I used 15 lb weights on the standing squat moves and 10's on the Bounding Squats (but 15's on the first set, then realized that was too much for now). A good workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 318; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 206.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 5, 2014 - Pilates X

Didn't sleep well last night. Frustrating day at work. Not eating right. All this leaked into this workout. I wasn't focused at all. Half-assed a lot of the moves. I'll leave it behind and move forward.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 184; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 119.


THURSDAY - MARCH 6, 2014 - Complex Upper

Even though I did this on Monday for the first time, and got through it OK, I was still a bit afraid of giving it another go today. It was weighing on my mind all day. I have to say I gave it my best effort. I got all the pushups in even though a few were ugly (may have missed a few in the Burnout), all the lunges in, and tried my best in the pullups. In the end I was happy.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 337; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 158.


FRIDAY - MARCH 7, 2014 - Complex Lower

I did pretty good on this one. I got all the reps in. The only place I really had to modify was on the Bounders, where I didn't move back and forth on a few of the sets. I just don't have the coordination down to do that yet. I used 10 lb weights in those, and 15's on the squats. What really surprises me on this workout is how much I'm sweating by the end. None of the moves are real killers, but the average heart rate and calorie burn I got tonight, and on Tuesday's effort, tells me I'm really working.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 331; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SATURDAY - MARCH 8, 2014 - X3 Yoga

Bad balance and not flexible today makes for a not so great workout. One thing I've noticed on this workout is that I'm really tired by the time I get to the Balance Poses. I don't know why, but it's been consistent every time I do it. Despite all that, my attitude was good, so that's a positive.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 204; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 123.


SUNDAY - MARCH 9, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

Not my best effort, but I did OK. I came down to my knees once during the Plank Crunches and had my feet come to the ground a few times in the Bridge Burners. I did, however, increase my weight from 5 lbs to 10 lbs on the weighted moves.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 121; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 131.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.8 (no change)
Body Fat: 22.1% (+0.1%)

Not much to say on that. Trying to eat better, but it doesn't always work.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Frustrated with the weight thing. I know it's my doing, but still can't make the total commitment. This was my first go at the two Complex workouts. I liked them both. Both were tough, but I could feel the results.

No comments: