Monday, August 25, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 3 - Week of 08/25/2014

MONDAY - AUGUST 25, 2014 - X2 Core

Not a great workout. Certainly nowhere as good as last week. Just wasn't pushing myself for more reps at times.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 485; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 151.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 26, 2014 - Plyocide

"Bonk" city! I haven't been feeling well the last two days, and haven't really eaten too much. I did this workout on what was basically an empty stomach. Big Mistake! I was out of gas on most of the moves. Many of them I had to stop early. Others I begin late because I was exhausted from the prior exercise. I know my reps were down on most of them. I even was extra tired doing the non-impact moves and was sloppy on those. Overall, a bad workout, but a good learning experience.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 575; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 156.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 27, 2014 - X2 Yoga

I was feeling a bit better today and actually had a lunch, but I was still tired overall. After yesterday's experience, I thought I might skip today. If it had been a resistance workout, I probably would have, but since it was yoga, I thought I'd give it a chance. I came home from work, took a 20 minute nap, and felt a bit refreshed. I decided I was just going to relax during the workout and not try and be perfect, as Tony says at the beginning. Turns out, it was one of my best yoga workouts in a long, long time. It wasn't perfect, but I was getting through most of the moves without struggling at all. My balance was OK and my flexibility was very good. I also burned more calories than I ever have on this workout, by far. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, because it meant my heart rate was higher than usual, but I feel good afterwards. Overall, I'm very happy with the way it went.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 585; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 140.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 28, 2014 - X2 Total Body

My 57th Birthday today!! I'm 57 and doing X2!  Today's workout went well. I ate a little bad today (not real bad), but I felt it a bit during the workout. I don't think I did as good as last week, but I got through most of the moves OK. I really struggled on my left legged balance moves. Not so much on my right leg. That's all normal for me. I got a nice calorie burn. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to play golf. Looking forward to it.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 600; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 217.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 29, 2014 - X2 Balance and Power

Not a good workout. I couldn't balance my feet on the stability ball on a lot of the plank moves, so my numbers suffered there. Other moves were just OK. Some I gave up on a bit early because I didn't feel like pushing myself. That's usually not me, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 515; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 30, 2014 - X2 Recovery and Mobility

I didn't get started on this until 8pm, but it was very relaxing.

Tine: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 190; Avg Heart Rate: 81; Max Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 31, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

I did OK. I didn't get my legs all the way up (my knees were bending) in some of the boat poses.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 130; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 128.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 194.6 (+0.6)
Body Fat: 21.1% (-0.1%)

I'm not happy with the increase, but it wasn't huge, and I didn't eat well yesterday.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Lost my concentration on the nutrition a bit. The workouts weren't as good as last week. A small step back, but I'll recover.

No comments: