Monday, September 1, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 4 - Week of 09/01/2014

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 1, 2014 - X2 Core

Labor Day today, so I was able to get it done in the early afternoon. I'm sweating like crazy. The workout went pretty good. I upped my numbers in a few areas, and my balance was a bit better on some moves. Heart Rate Monitor is broken again. May need a new one. Below are estimates.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 460; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 148.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 2, 2014 - Plyocide

I've been eating really bad the last few days. That happens when I get stressed. I just don't care at times. Today I ate a bunch of chips and dip just before I worked out. I never do that, but for some reason today I did. I was feeling it during the warmup a bit and wondered how I was going to get through the workout without getting sick. Turns out it may have been my best Plyocide workout ever, certainly this round. I'm not going to think it's OK in the future though. I think I got lucky today. Heart Rate Monitor is still not working. Below are estimates based on how I felt compared to other Plyocide workouts. I wish I'd had real numbers.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 575; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 158.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 3, 2014 - X2 Yoga

Still not eating great, and I ate before the workout again. I felt like a whale while doing the workout. Not happy.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 470; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 139.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 4, 2014 - X2 Total Body

I did pretty good on this one. I upped my reps on a few moves. The only regression I had was on the Crunch Lever pullups where I only did 4, then 5. My balance also wasn't as good as last week on the one legged balance moves. But I did work up a good sweat.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 595; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 160.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 5, 2014 - X2 Balance and Power

Not my best effort. My strength simply wasn't there and I had a hard time balancing on a few of the stability ball moves. I rolled off a few times and thought I was going to break my ankle once. I also rolled my hands off the medicince ball near the end of the Lateral Plyo Pushups. I'm realizing you must be in control when doing these moves. If you get sloppy, you could easily hurt yourself.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 560; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 6, 2014 - Recovery and Mobility

The workout went OK. I just went through the motions on the foam roller section, but tried a bit harer on some of the stretches near the end. I had a Fantasy Football draft this morning. Ate like crap. Actually, I ate like crap the entire week. Worse than any week in recent memory. I'm really struggling with making nutrition important. It's real, real work for me.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 190; Avg Heart Rate: 82; Max Heart Rate: 105.




SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 7, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper


I got this done late in the evening. I was going to skip it because I rest on my 4th Sunday of each round when doing Classic P90X, but this isn't Classic, so I did it. Nothing special to say about it. I dick get a new hear rate monitor today. The old one was shot. While at the sporting goods store, I saw they had the Rumble Roller that Tony uses for his foam rolling, so I bought one. I tried it out for a while tonight because I had a kink in my back. It's a whole new sensation.


Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 101; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 120.








SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.8 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.5% (+0.4%)

Both are bad numbers, but were expected.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The eating was really, really bad. The workouts went OK. I need to tighten up the nutrition. I've finished Phase 1 (Foundation) of the Round. On to Phase 2 (Strength) on Monday.

No comments: