Monday, February 9, 2015

P90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 12 - WEEK OF 2/9/2015

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 9, 2015 - P90 Sculpt C

I'm starting to get burned out. The same thing happened around this time in my last round, which was P90X2. I was feeling sluggish when I got home from work, took a nap, and just didn't feel like getting it done. However, as always, I forced myself to do it. The workout actually went pretty well. My body is still sore all over and I'm pretty sure doing those sets of 50 lb bicep curls twice a week is contributing towards that.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 485; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 215.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 10, 2015 - P90 Sweat C

I wasn't dreading doing this one today, but once I got into it, I just didn't feel like doing it. I got through it, but it wasn't my best effort. There are a lot of moves in this workout that I don't like and that didn't help with my enthusiasm. I also had some birthday cake for a co-worker today. Not a horrible thing, but I felt it.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 437; Avg Heart rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 11, 2015 - P90 Speed Sculpt

Knowing this was a shorter workout I went at it hard. A good workout and I worked up a good sweat. As with the last time I did this workout the tricep kickbacks felt really easy with the 15 lb weights I was using. In hindsight, maybe I should have bumped them up to 20's as a challenge, but I guess I didn't want to tire myself out. On the Pushup Sequenses I did 40 in 40 seconds and 50 in 50 seconds, but I wasn't going real deep.

Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 278; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 190.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2015 - P90 Sweat C

It's hard to tell, but I think I did better on this today than I did on Tuesday. My attitude was certainly better. I still wasn't excited about doing it, but I tried to keep pushing.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 444; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 158.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2015 - P90 Sculpt C

Not much to say. I was good on the "strength" exercises, horrible on the "balance" exercises. I'm really liking the Black resistance bands. There's a lot less range of motion with them for now, but I can really feel the soreness later.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 495; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2015 - P90 Horton's Greatest Hits

This one humbled me the first two times I did it and it did so again today. The way he sequences the moves kills me. I couldn't go down low in the pushups because I have no strength in them after yesterday's workout. One thing I tried on the three pushup moves and the one burpee move was to give myself a target as to how many I wanted to do, then stop, instead of thinking about going a full minute. In all instances I hit my number (usually 16) then did about 8 more. I also had to modify the Hopscotch move again, simply because I can't bounce off my feet and ankles like that. Tough, tough workout.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 411; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2015 - P90 Speed Abs

Even though this is a super short workout, I struggled a bit. On the last Move (Half Crackers), I couldn't do the half pushups. My arms and shoulders are fried.

Time: 7 minutes; Calories Burned: 59; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 201.0 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.3% (no change)

I'll take the decrease, I didn't eat great this week, so I'm not kidding myself. That's reflected in the Body Fat.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK 

I'm happy with the weight decrease. The workouts went well, but my body is sore and I'm burned out. The last two days I was struggling to do simple pushups. I'm looking forward to finishing up this round next week, then taking a small break..

No comments: