Monday, February 16, 2015

P90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 13 - WEEK OF 2/16/2015

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2015 - P90 Sweat A

The last week of the Round. It's a recap of the Sweat and Sculpts from the A. B, and C series. Today's was probably the easiest. The only thing i was concerned with were the Sprawls. I remember how much they tired me out the first few times I did this workout. Today they were no problem. Just a frame of reference. The first time I did this workout, my average heart rate was 133. Today it was 113. Big difference!

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 236; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 144.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 17, 2015 - P90 Sculpt A

This isn't the toughest workout I've ever done, simply because it's shorter than most (only 14 moves), but it's not a throwaway either. There are several exercises in here that can test you if you decide you want to push yourself by using more weight. The max weight I used today was 25 lbs and I used that on all the weight moves but the tricep kickbacks. I probably could have used more weight on the bicep moves, but I didn't want to fry myself for the other weighted exercises. As it was, 25 lbs might not seem like a lot, but when you're doing 16 reps, especially on something like the Deep Swimmer's Presses, it can sneak up on you. I also used the Black band on the Tricep Kickdowns near the end. Almost impossible to do it with good form.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 308; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 18, 2015 - P90 Sweat B

Now that I've done Sweat C a number of times this one seemed a bit easier than when I was doing it in month 2. The two moves that were killing me back then were the Sprawls and the Mountain/Cross Climbers done back to back. They were still tough, but do-able.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 376; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 19, 2014 - P90 Sculpt B

This is the one I was least looking forward to this week. I hadn't remembered all the moves, but I'd always thought it was tougher than Sculpt C because there were no band moves. Everything was with dumbbells. I used 25 lb weights on most of the moves, 20's on a few of them (Scarecrow Presses, Side Back Lunges, and Balance Curls) and 15s on the Launcher Kickbacks and Batman Flys, I worked up a good sweat and it tired me out.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 369; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 156.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 20, 2015 - P90 Sweat C

Last Sweat workout of the Round. I'll admit I was counting down the Sprawls until I was done with them. This is a fairly tough workout in areas and I worked up a good sweat as always.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 438; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 21, 2015 - P90 Sculpt C

This was the last workout of the Round and one of my favorites. I ate a little heavy last night so I was feeling a bit sluggish going in, but I pushed, and actually did a few more reps than usual on some of the moves. I used the Black band again and it's tough. My balance was bad once again, which is frustrating, but that's how I'm built so I just do the best I can with what I have. I think I finished on a good note.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 505; Avg heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 22, 2015 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 202.6 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.4% (+0.1%)

I ate bad this week. This isn't a surprise, but I'm disappointed with myself.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I didn't eat real well during the week. Stress eating again. One thing I'm finding out is that I'm actually getting stressed about having to do the workouts each day. I just want to come home and relax some days, but knowing I have to come home and do a workout pisses me off sometimes, which depresses me, and causes me to stress eat more. It's a vicious cycle. The workouts went well this week. It was great to do the different A, B, C phases in one week, as I was able to see my progression. While the A workouts seemed tough in the first month, they seemed much easier this month.


THOUGHTS ON THE ROUND AND THE PROGRAM

The Bad: Overall, I gained 2.2 lbs and 0.5% Body Fat. This was my fault and not the program's.

The Good: Going into this thing, I thought it was going to be a breeze. I've been through P90X numerous times. I've done X2 twice and X3 once. I've done Insanity, both Asylums, Focus T25, Les Mills Pump and Combat. How hard could a "Starter Program" be? Let me say I was humbled from the beginning. This is not a piece of cake. It worked me. It made me sweat. It made me sore. It's a real workout program on a level with any of the other ones I've done. I also want to mention I had purchased the exta "Speed Series" disc which included four Bonus workouts. It was a bit pricey, but I'm glad I did it. It added a bit of variety into things. Overall, I was very impressed and I'm sure I'll be doing it again at some point.


WHAT'S NEXT?

Two weeks of rest. I need it mentally, and then Insanity: Max 30.

No comments: