Wednesday, March 16, 2016

THE MASTERS HAMMER AND CHISEL - ROUND 1 - WEEK 8 - WEEK OF 03/14/16

MONDAY - MARCH 14, 2016 - Chisel Endurance

I did OK, but not great. Even though I did work up a sweat, Autumn just doesn't motivate me with her cardio workouts, and it's hard for me to motivate myself when I'm so bored. Not much more I can say about that than what I've already said.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 359; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 229.


TUESDAY - MARCH 15, 2016 - Max Hammer Strength

I went into this determined to push myself, just as I did the last time. There is only a very small percentage of this workout where you're using real heavy weights, but that small percentage really wears you out. I hit pause several times. The lightest weight I used was 30's, which I used for the Military Presses and the Step Up Squats. I can normally use heavier weight for both moves, but they were near the end of the workout and I was fried. It wouldn't have been smart at that point. The max my Powerblocks go is 55 lbs which I used on the One Arm Rows and the Calf Raises. I might try using them on the Bench Presses next time. I used 45's today without too many problems and it's near the beginning on the workout, so we'll see what happens. I'm very happy with the workout.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 374; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 218.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 16, 2016 - Chisel Cardio

See Monday's comments.

Time: 38 minutes: Calories Burned: 394; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 208..


THURSDAY - MARCH 17, 2016 - Hammer Plyometrics

This isn't the toughest workout in the program, and it's one of the shortest, but it still tests you a bit. Not much to say. I'm still not comfortable jumping entirely over the bench on the Crazy Horse move, so I get closer to the end of the bench, so I won't trip myself up, and try and get my legs as high as I can.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 239; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 222,


FRIDAY - MARCH 18, 2016 - Total Body Chisel

An Autumn workout that I really like. I pushed myself and worked up a good sweat. I usually go a little faster than those on the video and am usually a move or two ahead of them. It keeps my heart rate up and gives me a little more break at the end of each set.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 395; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 228.


SATURDAY - MARCH 19, 2016 - Hammer Power

I really enjoy this workout and think it might be my favorite in the entire program. I like working with weights, I like the moves, and I like the cast. For some reason it seems I can relate to them more than those in other workouts. I don't know why. They don't seem to be "Autumnized" clones. Weights were 10 lbs (light), 20 lbs (medium), and 30 lbs (heavy). I'm not sure how long I'd last if I bumped those up 5 lbs each, but I might try it sometime.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 377; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SUNDAY - MARCH 20, 2016 - 10 Minute Ab Chisel

Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 85; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 137


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 212.6 (+0.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 25.7% (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not at all happy about my continued lack of ability to control my nutrition. Totally lost and feel like I'm wasting my time.

No comments: