Monday, March 7, 2016

THE MASTERS HAMMER AND CHISEL - ROUND 1 - WEEK 7 - WEEK OF 03/07/16

MONDAY - MARCH 7, 2016 - Total Body Chisel

Mostly weights today, am I upped them on a number of the moves without any problems. I used 40's on the Bench Presses and Lat Pull Overs. Might even be able to do more, but it's hard to grab the Powerblocks for the Lat Pull Overs once I get past 40's. Used 25's on most of the other moves, 15's on the Step Downs, which tire me out for some reason.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 381; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 225.


TUESDAY - MARCH 8, 2016 - Iso Speed Hammer

Went OK. This is a bit of a strange workout for a few reasons. 1) It's very short. 23 minutes including warm-up and cool-down, so I'd say maybe 17 minutes of actual workout time, 2) you're doing 10 reps very slow, then 10 reps fast. I'm using relatively light weights because I'm not sure heavier ones will work. So it's a bit hard to push yourself. But I'm sure it's effective in some way.

Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 192; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate:136.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 9, 2016 - Iso Strength Chisel

Not my favorite workout. It's one of those Autumn ones that seems to contain the same moves that's in most of her other workouts. I'm getting tired and bored with the Bulgarian Split Squats and Step Ups. I didn't hold most of the Iso moves for the full 10 secomds and am not sure if it was because I couldn't or because I was bored and just didn't want to. I think it's because I didn't want to. My bad.
The numbers on my heart rate monitor (below) appear to be way off. I don't think I burned 524 calories or had an average heart rate anywhere near 170.

Time: 34 minutes; Calories Burned: 524?; Avg Heart Rate: 170?; Max Heart Rate: 220?.


THURSDAY - MARCH 10, 2016 - Hammer Conditioning

All the moves in this one are synergistic in nature, which can sometimes tire me out quickly, but I did what I could. I could only get in 8 of the burpee moves on each set, didn't get in all the "Clock Pushups" on the second set and struggled on a few others. Something to challenge myself with next time.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 305; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate:207.


FRIDAY - MARCH 11, 2016 - Chisel Cardio

I'm sweating like crazy afterwards. I gave it my best on most of the moves, but dogged it a bit on the second set of Burpees and Plank Kicks. On the first set of the Step Up Kicks, which I hate, I was looking at my belly and wondering why I'm killing myself doing this and then undoing it by eating like crap. So I guess I got something out of it. I do have to admit there are days when I'm sore, so I know it's working.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 412: Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 212.


SATURDAY - MARCH 12, 2016 - Total Body Hammer

I know from the last few times that this one can wear you out in a hurry. Except for one pull-up move, it's all weights, and you are doing a lot of reps on each move. I could have used heavier weights in places, but realized I'd have burned myself out, so I kept them within reason. Except for the Bench Presses (I used 35's), I think I was using the same weights as the guy on the video. I'm exhausted when done and my body is trembling a bit, so I know I got in a good workout. I think this is the most calories I've burned in any of the workouts so far.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 474: Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 209.


SUNDAY - MARCH 13, 2016 - 10 Minute Ab Hammer

Not much to say. Got through it with no problems. I just don't bump my hip on the side planks. Can't hold them and I lose my balance.

Time:12 minutes; Calories Burned: 65; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 115.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 211.8 (-1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 25.5% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I got in some good workouts and lost a pound. Still not eating great, but it's a bit encouraging.

No comments: