Tuesday, March 1, 2016

THE MASTERS HAMMER AND CHISEL - ROUND 1 - WEEK 6 - WEEK OF 02/29/16

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 29, 2016 - Chisel Agility

This went OK. The only problem I had was that I was feeling a little instability behind my right knee, so I took it easy on those crossover jumpy things.

Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 348; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 150.


TUESDAY - MARCH 1, 2016 - Hammer Conditioning

This one is tougher than it looks. I didn't get all the clock pushups only getting 10 the first set and 9 the second set. I also only got 10 reps in on each set on each of the last two moves (Plank Crunchies and Reverse Lunge Kickbacks), and only 8 reps in on the Deadlifts (no balance) and the Burpee / Renegade / Upright Rows, which I think might be the toughest move in the entire program. However, I did my best, so I'm OK with it. Room for improvement.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 319; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 2, 2016 - Chisel Cardio

This is not my favorite workout, but I went at it hard and felt great afterwards.

Time:38 minutes; Calories Burned: 422; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 192.


THURSDAY - MARCH 3, 2016 - Hammer Power

This is one of my favorite workouts in the program. I used 10's (light), 20's (medium), and 30's (heavy). The "jerk" move still seems a bit strange to me, but I got through it OK.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 383; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 158.


FRIDAY - MARCH 4, 2016 - Chisel Balance

A few days ago I saw my up line Coach on Facebook say this was the workout that was his nemesis. Others chimed in with the same opinion. It's been my nemesis too, so maybe feeling not so alone gave me the motivation today to get it done. I tuned out Autumn's chatter. I tuned out my own mind chatter. I took it one exercise at a time. I didn't tell myself I couldn't balance. I did pretty good. I got at least 12 reps in on most of the exercises (except the Split Squat Jumps, where I did 10 each set). My balance wasn't perfect. I stumbled a lot, but I didn't let it frustrate me too much. I got it done and I feel good, more about my mindset than anything.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 410; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 219.


SATURDAY - MARCH 5, 2016 - Max Hammer Strength

The last few times I did this workout I said I could have used more weight, but was just too lazy to change them on the Powerblocks. Today I used heavier weights. I had to hit pause a few times to adjust the weights and catch my breath, but overall I felt good. The max I can go with the Powerblocks is 55 lbs, and I used that on the rows. I ran into trouble on the Military Presses where I tried to go with 40's but quickly realized that was going to be a mistake, so I went down to 30's. If it wasn't so late in the workout I might have been able to handle the 40's. I still don't like the Split (Bulgarian) Squats and didn't do them for the full minute. I tried doing the Step Up on to the bench with 40's, but lost my balance on the second rep, so I just did lunges from the floor. I'll pull out the Step platform I have next time. All told, I was pleased with my effort.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 356; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 225.


SUNDAY - MARCH 6, 2016 - 10 Minute Ab Chisel

Nothing difficult here, but I do feel it a bit.

Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 78; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 130.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 212.8 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 25.5% (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm happy that I really went after the workouts later in the week, but am disgusted with myself that I can't control my eating. I guess I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I don't care. Stupid thinking, but that's what is happening.

No comments: