Monday, August 14, 2017

WEEK OF 08/14/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - AUGUST 14, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Upper

I actually like this workout, but it wears me out. My pullups are limited to two or three before I need to come off the bar, but I'll keep working at them, as always. on the weights, I used 25's on the bicep moves, 15's on lateral and tricep moves, and 10's on the Pteradactyl Flys. I took about 5 or 6 breaks in the last half of the workout because I was fried, but those breaks allowed me to use heavier weights than if I hadn't taken them.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 243; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 15, 2017 - P90X3 - Triometrics

I think I say this every time I do this workout, but this one just frustrates me. I can't balance on one leg because I have very high arches and my ankles roll in. I've been trying for almost 10 years, but it's not happening, and it's pretty close to becoming a physical impossibility for me, especially on my left leg. 60 to 70 percent of this workout is balancing on one leg. It's not even that I'm bad at it. I just can't do it. Putting my other foot down to modify is pointless. I'm pretty much standing there and reaching to the floor. I don't want to be doing that for 20 minutes. Most of the rest of it is squats where you're putting your hands or fists on the floor in the squat position. I'm so frustrated with the balancing thing that I'm just pissed off about doing the rest of the workout, including the Slater Squats, which are burpees and pushups. I found myself just standing there looking at the TV a few times because I just felt totally unmotivated. I could try a different workout, but I really don't want to give up on this one. Sometimes the whole purpose of this workout for me is to at least try, even if I can't do most of it. Let's move on to tomorrow.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 236; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 137.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 16, 2017 - P90X3 - Incinerator

Much better effort today, probably because I can do everything. I'm still light on the pullup numbers, but I'll keep working at them. I used 50 lb weights on a few of the moves, so that felt good. 25's on a lot of the other ones, and will maybe look at bumping some of those up a bit next time. Overall, I felt a LOT better than yesterday.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 216; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 152.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 17, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga 

I felt pretty good going into it and it well pretty good. When I was doing the one leg balance moves on my left leg, instead of trying to fight through it, I concentrated on looking down at my leg, trying to see where I was breaking down. What was happening first, causing me to lose my balance? I didn't see a simple solution, but I'll keep trying to do that, and maybe I'll come up with an answer, and the a solution.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 107; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate:118.

No comments: