Monday, January 14, 2019

WEEK OF 01/14/19 - P90X2 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - JANUARY 14, 2019- P90X2 - X2 Core

I wasn't really in a great mood going in. I had a bad day at work. I came home and took about a 45 minute deep sleep nap. This workout is very frustrating for me because of my bad balance. O the moves I can't balance on, I try my best, but just end up going through the motions sometimes. On one legged balance moves I'm tapping my other foot every rep, sometimes twice a rep, so I'm not getting a lot out of it. I did ZERO Dreya Rolls with the med Ball. I had been doing six to eight. Today I couldn't generate enough momentum and get my feet in the right place to get up. I'm afraid to do pushups on the Stability and Med Ball Burpees because I'm afraid I'm going to lose my balance on my back foot, slip off the ball and break a wrist. Just venting a bit because of the frustration.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 436; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Intensity: 4; Form: 3.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 15, 2019 - P90X2 - Plyocide

I felt kind of energized going in. Certainly a lot better than yesterday. I did a smidge better on the one legged balance moves. They were still horrible, but small victories are good. On the rest of the moves I did better than usual. I still do regular pushups on the last move instead of plyo pushups. I did try two plyo's at the beginning of the move, but realized I wasn't going to keep up. I just have trouble exploding up from a pushup. Overall, I felt good. Better than usual.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 529; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 6, 2019 - P90X2 - Recovery + Mobility

Instead of just following them during the foam rolling section, I spent roughly half of that time rolling my ankles and the other half on my shoulders. On the first half of the shoulder section I was laying face down with the roller as far in front of me as possible, arms wide, shoulders down, and rolling the roller back and forth. After that I sat up, put the roller behind me, tried opening my shoulders as much as possible while rolling the roller with my hands behind me. I did this for 20 seconds, then relaxed for 10 seconds, and repeated this sequence. I might feel all this tomorrow.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 274; Avg Heart Rate: 92; Intensity: 9; Form: 9.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 17, 2018 - P90X2 - X2 Total Body

I took a deep nap when I got home. I was really sluggish when I woke up and wondered how I was going to start the workout, let alone getting though the entire thing. I thought about skipping the warmup, but finally just manned up and started, including the warmup. Once I got going I felt a bit better. I went a bit faster than they did and got a few moves ahead here and there, but I finished with them. The moves went OK.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 612; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 18, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

I felt pretty relaxed. Most of the workout went well. I was really flexible at the end. I'm still having problems holding the Half Moon on my right leg. I'm much better with my left leg on those, which is surprising because I normally balance much better on my right leg in other things. I still don't do the wrap, but I intend to conquer it by the end of the 90 days. Other than those things I don't think I had too many problems. I still feel relaxed afterwards.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 482; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Intensity: 8; Form: 8.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 19, 2019 - P90X2 - Balance + Power

Last "Core" workout of the round. It went pretty well. My mind wasn't wandering too much. I was focused on each move as it came up. I'm still unstable on a lot of them, but I tried.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 598; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Intensity: 8; Form: 6.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 20. 2019 - X2 Ab Ripper

Got through it OK. I came out of a few Phelan Twists and Bikes faster than they did, but only by a split second or two. Other than that, all OK.

Time: 16 minutes: Calories Burned: 121; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Intensity: 7; Form: 8.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 175.2 (no change)
Body Fat: 17.0% (-0.3%)

I'm still not eating perfectly.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was the final week of the Core / Balance workouts, which I generally don't like. Without really noticing it, I think I got a bit better than when I started in Week 1.

No comments: