Monday, January 21, 2019

WEEK OF 01/21/19 - P90X2 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - JANUARY 21, 2019 - P90X2 - Chest + Back + Balance

This the the beginning of the six week Strength / Resistance phase of the round. Today was alternating Pull-up, then Push-Up moves. Ten of each. Most of these I'd done in the One On One series. I was pretty good  on the push-up moves, not so good on the pull-up moves. I know I could have done a few more reps on a few of the moves, but I was pacing myself because I knew I'd burn myself out. I also know I'll do more in the future.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 531; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Intensity: 4; Form: 5.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 22, 2019 - P90X2 - Plyocide

Average workout at best. I wasn't dogging it, but wasn't going for it either. One of those days.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 508; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Intensity: 6; Form: 7.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 23, 2010 - P90X2 - Recovery + Mobility

I look forward to this workout every week. It usually comes at a perfect time. Today I worked on my ankles and shoulders again. When I was getting up after working the shoulders I heard them pop a little bit, so that made me feel like things had been working. I think I'm starting to feel a little more flexibility in my ankles too. The only thing I still can't do are the opposite hand standing ankle touches. My balance is still horrible as my ankles still roll in. I'm working on it though.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 261; Avg Heart Rate: 92: Intensity: 8; Form: 9.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 24, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Shoulders + Arms

This is a pretty simple routine. Seven moves done three times each. Many of the moves were done balancing on one leg. My dilemma was to do them balancing on one leg, or to put one leg up on a stability ball or stool, or keep both legs on the floor and use heavier weights. I chose to do the balancing act, even though I suck at it. I'm not sure I'm getting a lot out of it though, as I'm tapping my foot on almost ever rep. The heaviest weight I used were 20's. I'm not sure using the stability ball or a stool as a platform is much better. I'm thinking I might try the entire routine with both feet on the floor and using heavier weights. At least that way, I'll feel I'm getting something out of it instead of just going through the motions,

Time: 52 minutes: Calories Burned: 437; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Intensity: 6; Form: 4.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 25, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

My head wasn't really in the game. It was a long week at work. All I wanted to do was come home and relax. My intentions were good going into the workout, but I was distracted easily. Case in point. I was wearing mt long yoga pants, but after a few minutes I decided I wanted to wear my shorts. I kept the workout running while I went to put them on. Couldn't find them, so I returned the the workout. I really wanted to be wearing my shorts, so I went looking for them again and finally found them. I missed the first Half Moon. I normally struggle with it anyways, but that's not the point. I finished up the floor moves OK, but kind of felt like I short changed it.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 468; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Intensity: 5; Form: 6.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 26, 2019 - P90X2 - Base + Back

My effort was there. My plyo was OK. I did 20 reps of each. My pull-ups were a bit weak. The strength just wasn't there/ There weren't a lot of pull-ups in the first month, and I hadn't done any for four weeks before that, so I think I'm a bit rusty. They've always been my weakness, but I'll keep working at it.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 497; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Intensity: 7; Form: 5.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 27, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper

I came down a couple times. OK other than that.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 104; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Intensity: 7; Form: 8.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 176.4 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.2% (+0.2%)

Didn't eat well. I'm getting too cockey with the eating, almost feeling I can eat anything and it won't make a difference.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This is the start of the resistance phase. I did OK on the moves. I hadn't done some of these workouts in 4+ years, so I was getting used to the moves again.

No comments: