Wednesday, July 21, 2021

WEEK OF 07/19/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - JULY 19, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Something New

Primal Flow was the main suggested workout, but I just did it a few days ago, so I went with this one, which I hadn't done in a while. I used athletic shoes on the yoga portion, as did Tony. My grip on the mat was a bit better than with just socks, but I didn't like the way the soles of my shoes were catching on the mat while I was trying to move through the vinyasas. I feel like I'm going to pull something. The cardio section was really bad because my balance was really bad, as it was on the yoga section. However, the last third of the workout was very relaxing, when I was off my feet.

Start Time: 9:00 pm; Workout Time: 39 minutes; Calries Burned: 239; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


TUESDAY - JULY 20, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I took a bit of a nap when I got home, but didn't wake up until about 8:45. I got the workout in OK. 30 pushups on each set with no problems. However, I had no strength for the pullups. My goal was eight, but I was coming off the bar after about four reps, then doing two more, coming off the bar, then doing two more to finish up. I found that after a while I was doing more jumping up to the bar than pulling myself up, so for the last set I considered myself done when I came off the bar. Overall it wasn't a bad workout. I haven't done concentrated pullups in a workout in a long time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Start Time: 9:15 pm; Workout Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 436; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 21, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Flash Card Cardio

I got through it OK, and think I might have even done better than usual.

Start Time: 6:35 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 277; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


THURSDAY  - JULY 22, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I tried to maintain the reps and weight I did last time, and not regress, and for the most part, I did that.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 425; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


FRIDAY - JULY 23, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Kickin' and Punchin' (with Alice)

I like this one because I like Alice, and it's short. I did OK, and didn't totally lose my balance too many times.

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 256; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SATURDAY - JULY 24, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Top to Bottom

I did this one instead of the usual Saturday Yoga. I like it. It's relaxing and a good stretch. The yoga was starting to get frustrating, so I decided to give it a break.

Start Time: 9:35 pm; Workout Time: 39 minutes; Calories Burned: 122; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY - JULY 25, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Crunch Town

This is becoming my preferred ab/core workout. None of the moves seem exceptionally hard, but I always feel it in my abs, so that's a good combo/

Start Time:  10:15 pm; Workout Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 136; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 145.8 (-0.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 10.1% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

My thoughts are still on my illness. I'm trying to do the best I can and trying not to lose too much from th previous time I did that particular workout. At some point I hope my strength starts increasing again.

No comments: