Tuesday, July 6, 2021

WEEK OF 07/05/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3- WEEK 6

MONDAY - JULY 5, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Flash Card Cardio

Not good. I can barely get my feet off the floor anymore. I don't even try any kind of Jumping Jacks anymore. I used to be able to get a bit off the floor on Jump Shots, but not anymore. Not only are my feet shot, but it feels like I have little strength in my legs too. I don't go the the floor on any of the touch the floor moves. I sort of just gesture down. That may be more from laziness than inability, but it's still pathetic. I'll try again next time. In theory this shouldn't be a hard routine.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 343; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


TUESDAY - JULY 6, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Arms and Abs

One of my favorites. I felt pretty good throughout most of the workout. I like Bobby Stephenson, so that helps. Not an overwhelming difficulty of moves, but they get the job done. One area of concern was that I was only able to get 4 reps in using 30 lbs on Seated Curls, which I do instead on the Heavy Curls. It may be because I haven't been lifting anything over 25's on any routine lately, or it may be that the diabetes is sapping my strength. I'll work at it.

Start Time:: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 352; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 7, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Flash Card Plyo

I think I probably did better on this todat than I had in the past. I was feeling OK. I forced myself to get off the floor a bit. It certainly was pretty. I didn't go to the floor on the 90/10 squats, doing more the the old Siebers Speed Squats from the original P90X. I don't get Mountain Squats. I even did most of the burpees on that move.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 197; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


THURSDAY - JULY 8, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Push

A pretty good workout. I used 15 lb weights on most of the moves. Sometimes it was less than what they were using, sometimes it was more, but it worked for me. They probably did a few more pushups than me at times. I was in the 12 to 16 range on most of them. I felt good through most of it.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 358; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


FRIDAY - JULY 9, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Attack and Defend

I went atmy own pace this time instead of waiting for Tony to say "go". I pretty much did five small shuffles, then did the move. It was a lot less frustrating because I was able to concntrate on the move instead of the cueing, and I feel I got a much better workout.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 311; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SATURDAY - JULY 19, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Primal Yoga

I kept putting this off during the, finally getting to it late. The schedule said I could have dove the 20 minute Morning Yoga, but I felt that was a bit light, so I came back to this one. It was a very disjointed workout. There were a few distractions. I was told by my doctor not to work out in bare feet. I don't know if that applies to yoga, but I didn't want to take a chance. I did the first half of it in my Xero Speed Force shoes. They're very light, but really were gripping the mat more than I wanted. I finished up in my socks, but they were sliding off, so that wasn't much better, and also a bit unsafe. I wasn't comfortable the whole workout, and found myself rushing moves, or only doing half of them. Overall, not a great workout, but I learned a few things.

Start Time: 9:30 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 221; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


SUNDAY - JULY 11, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Crunch Town

I got through it OK with hardly any problems. I still have hard time crunching up on the last move. I'm using momentum to get up, and it hurts my back.

Start Time: 9:55 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 104: Avg Heart Rate: 89.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 148.0 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 10.5% (-0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm getting them done, but some of the workouts are beginning to be a struggle. I don't know how much of it is actually the diabetes and how much of it is in my mind because of the diabetes. I still don't know where I am with it. I had some blood tests done on Friday. Hopefully those will shed some kind of light.

No comments: