Monday, December 19, 2022

WEEK OF 12/19/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 12

MONDAY - DECEMBER 19, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

I went a bit faster than they did and finished about 6 exercises ahead of them. I did the same number of reps as last time. I'm still not going too deep on the pushups on the medicine balls, especially on the Military's. My elbows don't seem to want to go straight back and scrape my sides. During the rotation, I'm also doing a set of pushups on an upside down Bosu Ball with my feet elevated. I can't get too low on those either, because it's very unstable, but I think that is the point. It's supposed to be hard, and a challenge. Definitely something different. 

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 356; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 20, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30-15

As with last week, my feet were feeling swollen, and my balance was off. It especially got bad when I tried going too quickly. I did try and go a bit deeper on some of the moves during the 15 second part to compensate for not going faster. 

Start Time: 6:50 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 253; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 21, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I was feeling a bit weak going into it, so I decided to not push myself too hard. I've been doing the Bicep Curls (instead of Heavy Curls) during the warmup, because I'm too fried after the preceeding move in the middle of the workout. Last time I did 10 reps with 25 lbs. Today I did 6 reps with 30 lbs. If I hadn't been feeling tired I probably would have pushed to get a couple more in. I've done that many on the side, just to see where I was. On one of the bicep moves I even did less reps than usual, and on a lot of the other ones my form got bad. I did go faster than they did, finishing about 5 or 6 minutes before they did, but I'm not sure that was a good idea. Overall, the workout was a bit disjointed, but not an overall failure.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 237; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 22, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

I've been more flexible at times, but today was good. I feel a bit relaxed afterwards.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 188; Avg Heart Rate: 87.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 23, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

We are having a major blizzard with very cold temperatures. The cold was seeping into my bones, so I was a bit stiff going into this. It wasn't a great workout by any means, but I did it. The burpees at the end were ugly as usual.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 340; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 24, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

I did the workout in thick socks put over my athletic socks. I'm not sure why I did that, but I did. As usual, my feet started tiring about a third of the way in. My balance wasn't too good, and my range of motion was poor because of that. In general, I like the workout, however,

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 399; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 25, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Body Scan Meditation

My favorite workout for Christmas. I'm a bit stressed because we are snowed in. Can't even plow out my driveway, so I can't visit my family. Christmas and Birthdays are big things for me, so to not be able to do it is a bit depressing. The workout helped a bit with that.

Start Time: 5:50 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 60; Avg Heart Rate: 81.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 154.8 (+0.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.6% (+0.3%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I wasn't feeling real strong this week. I'm twelve weeks into this thing and haven't missed a day, so maybe it's wearing on me a bit. One week to go.

No comments: