Monday, September 13, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 3

Monday - September 13, 2010 - Plyometrics
================================
Time: 58:52
Calories Burned: 648
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 157

Even though I didn't burn as many calories, I felt a LOT better today than I did doing Plyo last week. I wasn't laboring through any of the moves and never came close to hitting pause. 648 calories burned is still good for me on this workout.

Tuesday - September 14, 2010 - Interval X Plus
===================================
Time: 44:30
Calories Burned: 438
Avg Heart Rate: 122
Max Heart Rate: 153

A low calorie burn for this workout. The heart rate wasn't where is usually is, but I still worked up a pretty good sweat. I noticed I wasn't as tired as usual at the end, so maybe I need to concentrate on bringing it up a notch.

Wednesday - September 15, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=======================================
Time: 41:51
Calories Burned: 364
Avg Heart Rate: 114
Max Heart Rate: 140

Not a good calorie burn at all. I noticed my heart rate was consistently under 120. I'm still not sure why I'm not burning more on this workout. Today, it was a bit cooler, and I had the fan on as usual, so I wasn't working up too much of a sweat. Maybe that had something to do with it. Maybe not.

Thursday - September 16, 2010 - X-Stretch
================================
I did X-Stretch today instead of Yoga X. It was a bit of a reward to myself for eating so well the last week or so, and also for working out so hard. I didn't feel I needed the extra calorie burn Yoga X would have given me, so I decided to just relax and stretch things out. It felt good.

Also, last week I started doing some strength work a few mornings a week. Nothing major, but something to keep the muscles in order a bit. I'm doing 8 semi-wide pull-ups, 8 bicep curls at 40 lbs, 30 pushups, and 8 shoulder presses at 35 lbs. It doesn't seems like a lot, but it is more pullups than I'd done., and the weights are also more than I'd done. I still get sore from just doing this 5 to 6 minutes two or three times a week.

Friday - September 17, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
=====================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:36
Calories Burned: 566
Avg Heart Rate: 121
Max Heart Rate: 152

I thought this was an average to above average workout. I was feeling a bit weak at the start (not enough to eat?), and felt a bit weak a few times during the workout, but finished it OK. I noticed my heart rate was in the 130s a lot, which is good.

Saturday - September 18, 2010 - Kenpo X
===============================
Time: 59:17
Calories Burned: 542
Avg Heart Rate: 118
Max Heart Rate: 151

I thought this was one of my best Kenpo X workouts. I tried to really concentrate of turning into the punches. The long warmup brings the average down, but my heart rate was in the 120's a lot, and I did see it in the 140's during some of the kicks.

Sunday - September 19, 2010 - Weigh In
==============================
Weight = 171.8; Body Fat = 21.4%

I lost 2.3 lbs from last week, and 4.9 in the last two weeks. This is a major breakthrough for me. I wanted to lose 40 lbs from where I started, which was 214 lbs in May 2008. In all that time, I've only dropped below 174 once, and that was months ago. Since then, it's been like a "Glass Floor" as one of my friends called it. I keep bouncing back up. Not only did I get below 174 today, but I did it big time, and I'm thrilled. Note: I didn't starve myself either. I ate well, and worked out hard. I'm very, very happy. I'm not naive enough to think I'll never have another bad week or weeks eating wise, but I know I have the ability to correct those periods. Two weeks ago I put on several pounds due to those periods of poor eating, It was a wake-up call and I answered it. Keep going.

No comments: