Thursday, September 30, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 5

Monday - September 27, 2010 and Tuesday - September 28, 2010 - Rest
=====================================================
I was really bummed about my weigh in on Sunday, and was still feeling a bit weak from the cold I've been dealing with for the past few days, so I decided to take the week off. I haven't missed a day since I was sick last year, when I also took a week off. Last year I was REALLY sick and couldn't get through the workouts, so it was the smart thing to do, and I didn't really regret it. This time I wasn't as sick, but I think I was feeling a bit sorry for myself over the weigh in, and might have been using the illness as a bit of an excuse to take it easy. I also used it as an excuse to start eating like crap again.

Wednesday - September 29, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
========================================
Time: 41:44
Calories Burned: 470
Avg Heart Rate: 131
Max Heart Rate: 157

I was planning on taking the entire week off, but I found myself sitting around feeling sorry for myself and totally lost because I wasn't working out. I would watch others in the program on You Tube and felt I was no longer a part of it because I'd taken two days off. I was feeling a bit miserable. I remembered talking to a friend of mine a few weeks ago about P90X. He has it, but hasn't started it yet. I told him there were plenty of days when I don't feel like doing the workouts, but I do them anyways. Why? Because I feel if I don't do them, I'll probably regret it, but once I do the workout, I've never regretted it. This thinking inspired me to get off my butt and get it done. About 7pm I decided enough was enough and popped in the Kenpo Cardio Plus disc. It ended up being the best calorie burn I've ever had on this workout, and it felt good getting back into it.

Thursday - September 30, 2010 - Plyometrics
==================================
Time: 58:47
Calories Burned: 655
Avg Heart Rate: 130
Max Heart Rate: 160

I was feeling a little worse than yesterday, and was wondering if yesterday's workout had weakened me a bit, so I was actually considering sitting out another day. However, I decided I didn't want to start skipping workouts if I could physically do them. Normally, Thursdays are either Yoga X or X Stretch, but I decided I had enough rest on Monday and Tuedsay, so I pulled out my best calorie burner, and that is Plyometrics. Once again, it was a good workout. I was slightly weak, but got through it with no problems.

As the day was winding down, and I was getting ready for bed, I noticed how calm and happy I was, as opposed to earlier in the week, when I wasn't working out. I realized that working out, specifically with P90X, is a gift I've given myself over the past two and a half years. It's now part of who I am, and when it's not there I miss it. Those two days off really opened my eyes a bit. I'm a bit embarrased at the "feeling sorry for myself" routine I went through, but maybe that was something I needed to appreciate what I have here.

Friday - October 1, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
==================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:49
Calories Burned: 636
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 159

The cold is still lingering, so I'm still not feeling like I'm at full strength. However, I got a great calorie burn and was drenched in sweat when I was done. The way I modified this workout really seems to be working for me.

Saturday - October 2, 2010 - Kenpo X
============================
Time: 59:07
Calories Burned: 547
Avg Heart Rate: 119
Max Heart Rate: 151

A good Kenpo workout for me.

Sunday - October 3, 2010 - Weigh In
===========================
Weight: 175.2 Body Fat: 22.2%

A half-pound loss, which isn't bad considering the way the week started.

No comments: