Monday, September 6, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 2

Monday - September 6, 2010 - Plyometrics
================================
Time: 58:47
Calories Burned: 708
Avg Heart Rate: 136
Max Heart Rate: 162

Labor Day. The last few weeks have been a bit hectic and busy, so I was looking forward to the day off and doing nothing but relaxing. In the morning I suddenly remembered it was not Sunday (rest day), and it was Monday (Plyometrics), and it brought the mood down a bit. I did NOT feel like working out today. I was still feeling sluggish from the last two weeks of poor eating and my legs were tired and sore for some reason. However, around 4:15pm I forced myself to throw the DVD in. To say I labored through this workout is an understatement. I noticed my heart rate was higher than usual early on. I wanted to quit several times, asking myself "Why am I doing this?", but once I hit play, I don't quit. It's a rule, and I've never broken it. I wanted to hit pause about 10 times because I was out of gas and didn't think I could continue without a break, but I haven't hit pause during Plyo in about a year, so I didn't hit pause. I ended up burning over 700 calories for the first time on any workout since I've been keepng track. So I guess that's a good thing.

Tuesday - September 7, 2010 - Interval X Plus
==================================
Time: 44:27
Calories Burned: 491
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 158

A pretty good workout. I think I got rid of a lot of the "goo" yesterday, and felt a lot crisper today. I've also been eating a lot cleaner the last few days, and I'm feeling the difference.

Wednesday - September 8, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
======================================
Time: 41:52
Calories Burned: 400
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 147

I'm still eating clean, and feeling good for the workouts. I'm not sure why I'm not burning more calories on Kenpo Cardio because I'm moving the whole time, but it is what it is.

Thursday - September 9, 2010 - Yoga X
=============================
Time: 1:36:14
Calories Burned: 573
Avg Heart Rate: 98
Max Heart Rate: 125

I was a bit tired today and was thinking of doing X-Stretch instead, but it's been a good week workout-wise, so I decided to do Yoga X to keep the momentum going. It was a good, calm workout. My balance wasn't the best at times, but overall I felt pretty relaxed. Glad I did it, as I knew I would be. Time to watch some football.

Friday - September 10, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
=====================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section; did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections twice each
Time: 58:28
Calories Burned: 548
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 153

A good, sweaty workout. Having to do two sets of Dreya Rolls in one workout should be illegal.

Saturday - September 11, 2010 - Kenpo X
===============================
Time: 58:54
Calories Burned: 525
Avg Heart Rate: 116
Max Heart Rate: 142

I concentrated on making this a good Kenpo workout, and not duplicating last week's fiasco. My calorie burn was at the high end of my Kenpo sessions, so it seemed to work.

Sunday - September 12, 2010 - Weigh In
==============================
Weight: 174.1 Body Fat: 22.1%

A drop of 2.6 lbs. Shows what good eating and good workouts will do.

No comments: