Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 7

Monday - October 11, 2010 - Plyometrics
==============================
Time: 58:47
Calories Burned: 637
Avg Heart Rate: 128
Max Heart Rate: 158

This was one of my lowest calorie burns on Plyo. I noticed my heart rate wasn't up as high as usual, and I'm not sure I had the energy I usually do, but it was a good workout nonetheless.

Tuesday - October 12, 2010 - Interval X Plus
=================================
Time: 44:19
Calories Burned: 487
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 159

Just the opposite of yesterday's workout, as I noticed my heart rate was getting up there early. Therefore, a good calorie burn. The energy's still not there for some reason. I still need to get more sleep, and the eating is slipping a bit, but I'm working on it.

Wednesday - October 13, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=====================================
Time: 41:41
Calories Burned: 412
Avg Heart Rate: 122
Max Heart Rate: 150

I'm still not sure why I don't get a better calorie burn on this workout, but it's consistently lower than a Plyo or Interval X workout, so I guess it is what is is. I think one of the reasons is you're not going floor to ceiling on any of the moves, as you'd do on some of the Plyo and Interval moves. I still love the workout, however, and I always work up a good sweat.

Thursday - October 14, 2010 - Yoga X
============================
Time: 1:34:49
Calories Burned: 555
Avg Heart Rate: 97
Max Heart Rate: 125

I hadn't done Yoga X in a few weeks, and was considering doing X Stretch again, but I had a rare Whopper Value Meal today and felt I needed the extra calorie burn. I also just saw an interview with Tony on a YouTube video where he re-emphasizes the value of Yoga X, so I did it. It's still tedious for me, especially in the first half, but one of the things he mentioned in the interview was that it helps with your patience, so I looked at it that way, and it helped a bit.

Friday - October 15, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
===================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them
Time: 58:33
Calories Birned: 604
Avg Heart Rate: 125
Max Heart Rate: 158

I was a bit worried about doing this workout today. I noticed yesterday during Yoga that my quad muscles and hamstrings were a bit tender. I don't know why they were tender, but I do know I couldn't hold the Half Boat poses because my quads were cramping up. That's the first time that's happened. Today I played golf in dreary, rainy, windy, cold weather, and by the time I got around to the workout, the Quads and Hammys were really tight. I started out a bit cautious, but got through the workout OK. I didn't pull anything, and got a nice calorie burn.

Saturday - October 16, 2010 - Kenpo X
=============================
Time: 59:21
Calories Burned: 487
Avg Heart Rate: 112
Max Heart Rate: 144

Pretty pathetic workout. No energy. Just going through the motions. Need to eat better.

Sunday - October 17, 2010 - Weigh In
============================
Weight: 173.3 Body Fat: 21.7%

A drop of almost three pounds, and .7 off the body fat %. I'm happy, because I was thinking there was going to be an increase in my weight. However, I'm not going to get overly excited here. I need to eat better. This week I didn't eat poorly (aside from the Whopper Value Meal), I just didn't eat enough. I had no energy on a lot of my workouts. There's days when I just don't feel like taking the time to prepare proper meals, and that has to change. I need to find some kind of alternative to chicken for my main source of protein, as I need some variety. Fish is OK, but good fish can get rather expensive. I'm eating protein bars, sometimes two in a day, but that's not enough, and I'm sure they're not giving me all the nutrients I need. This week I ate a LOT of almonds, as they were buy one, get one free at the store. Once again, they're OK, but that shouldn't be all I'm eating. This is all something I'm going to have to sit down and figure out. The P90X Nutrition Plan is a good place to start, but as I've said before, it makes me miserable, and I need to find a common ground that works for me. It can't be that hard. I already know the fundamentals. Also, as I've mentioned a few times, I do need to get more sleep. Seriously. It's something that's easy to overlook because we take it for granted, but as I'm writing this I'm realizing it's a main issue and may be the root cause of a lot of the above. I really need to do something about it, and really need to make it a priority. Immediately

No comments: