Monday, October 18, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 8

Monday - October 18, 2010 - Upper Plus
==============================
Time: 56:05
Calories Burned: 500 (estimated - Heart Rate Monitor not working properly)
Avg Heart Rate: 120 (estimated)
Max Heart Rate: 150 (estimated)

I could feel myself losing some muscle, so I decided to do a strength workout instead of just the cardio I've been doing the last 7 weeks. I took tons of breaks because my muscles were quivering after almost every exercise. I really noticed it in my pullups where there was a big dropoff from the last time I did the workout about 2 months ago. There was a slight decrease in the pushups and bicep moves, but not much. Regardless, I got through it, and am happy I did it.

Tuesday - October 19, 2010 - Interval X Plus
=================================
Time: 44:19
Calories Burned: 445
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 157

I noticed my heart rate wasn't up as high as usual on the first half. It seemed to be getting up there on the second half. One of my lower calorie burns for this workout, but it still seemed to do the trick.

Wednesday - October 20, 2010 - Total Body Plus
====================================
Time: 57:52
Calories Burned: 606
Avg Heart Rate: 125
Max Heart Rate: 154

I'm still sore from Monday's first strength workout in almost two months. This one went the same as Monday's. A LOT of breaks, and struggling big time with the pullups, but it was a needed workout to get my muscles working again.

Thursday - October 21, 2010 - X-Stretch
==============================
Got a good stretch. Still very flexible and went all the way to my back again on Back Hero pose.

Friday - October 22, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
==================================
Time: 41:37
Calories Burned: 421
Avg Heart Rate: 124
Max Heart Rate: 149

I was a bit pressed for time, so I was planning on doing the 20 minutes Abs/Core Plus workout. However, I ate a bunch of very delicious cookies at work, and decided to bump up Kenpo Cardio Plus from tomorrow to today to get in more calorie burn. I'll do the normal Kenpo X workout tomorrow instead of Kenpo Cardio Plus. A good decision on my part, as I thought I got a real good workout today. It was at the higher end of my calorie burn for this routine.

Saturday - October 23, 2010 - Kenpo X
=============================
Time: 58:58
Calories Burned: 501
Avg Heart Rate: 114
Max Heart Rate: 144

Started out a bit slow, and I don't think my heart rate hit 120 until almost halfway through, but I finished strong. Question: How is Tony's heart rate at 164 AFTER the Blocks section? Mine was 114 at that point, and I was workin' too.

Sunday - October 24. 2010 - Weigh In
============================
Weight: 175.8 Body Fat: 22.3%

A gain of 2.5 lbs. This always seems to happen after I drop below 174. Maybe it's my body correcting itself. Maybe it's the cookies I ate. Maybe it's because I did two strength workouts this week instead of all cardio. Maybe it's because I did X-Stretch on Thurdsay instead of Yoga X, and the Yoga gods are mad at me. The point is, I feel good.

No comments: