Monday, October 25, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 9

Monday - October 25, 2010 - Plyometrics
==============================
Time: 58:46
Calories Burned: 645
Avg Heart Rate: 129
Max Heart Rate: 161

I didn't do Plyo last week, and I must admit I missed it. What once was one of my most dreaded workouts has now become one of my favorites. (If only I could do that with Chest and Back.) Once again, a good calorie burn.

Tuesday - October 26, 2010 - Interval X Plus
=================================
Time: 44:18
Calories Burned: 467
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 157

Not much to say. A good workout.

Wednesday - October 27, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=====================================
Time: 41:18
Calories Burned: 392
Avg Heart Rate: 119
Max Heart Rate: 142

I'm still a bit frustrated with the lack of a good calorie burn on this routine. 392 is not good.

Thursday - October 28, 2010 - Yoga X
============================
Time: 1:36:26
Calories Burned: 555
Avg Heart Rate: 97
Max Heart Rate: 125

I've been on again, off again with Yoga X during the between rounds maintenance, but I think it's necessary to not substitute for it each week. Today I was relatively calm, but I found my mind wandering during the workout. I was almost on auto-pilot. The Half Moons were horrible, as were the balance postures. Crane was OK. In the end, I was glad I did it.

Friday - October 29, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
===================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:21
Calories Burned: 564
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 156

My calorie burn was a bit less than normal on this modified routine, but I felt sluggish through much of the workout, so that wasn't too surprising. Need to watch the eating again. Small bouts with some junk food is creeping in again.

Saturday - October 30, 2010 - Kenpo X
=============================
Time: 58:59
Calories Burned: 482
Avg Heart Rate: 111
Max Heart Rate: 140

One thing P90X has done is that it's got me to pay more attention to my body, and how it reacts to things. About two hours before I did the workout, I ate a bowl of cereal with some 1% milk on it. I got tired, took about a 45 minute nap, and still felt very bloated and sluggish throughout the workout. Except for the Chocolate Milk I use for a recovery drink, I rarely drink milk. I'm going to watch how I feel after drinking or eating dairy. It may be negatively affecting me in a way I'd never thought about before.

Sunday - October 31, 2010 - Weigh In
============================
Weight: 178.4 Body Fat: 23.3%

Not good. Not good at all. An increase of 2.6 lbs and 1% body fat. But I still feel good. Maybe it's my winter coat of fat. It gets cold here in Buffalo.

No comments: