Monday, October 4, 2010

Post Round 6 Maintenance - Week 6

Monday - October 4, 2010 - Plyometrics
==============================
Time: 58:46
Calories Burned: 709
Avg Heart Rate: 135
Max Heart Rate: 161

I'm still a bit tired from the lingering cold I've had, and was exhausted when I got home from work. I took a nap, woke up, and was looking for a reason not to do the workout, but of course there wasn't one, and I don't skip workouts. It turned out to be one of my highest calorie burns. Since I've been keeping track, I think there's only been three times I've been over 700 calories burned on any workout, and this was one of them. My heart rate was already in the 140's midway through the second set, and was almost always in the 150's from the third set on. I was tired, but feeling good.

Tuesday - October 5, 2010 - Interval X Plus
=================================
Time: 44:21
Calories Burned: 468
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 157

Not my best Interval workout, but still got a good calorie burn. I started out a bit slow on the first few moves for some reason, but picked it up and finished strong.

Wednesday - October 6, 2010 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
=====================================
Time: 41:45
Calories Burned: 423
Avg Heart Rate: 124
Max Heart Rate: 149

A good, sweaty workout.

Thursday - October 7, 2010 - X Stretch
=============================
I did X Stretch instead of Yoga X, as I just felt like relaxing a bit, and didn't want to do 92 minutes. I hadn't done Yoga or X Stretch for a few weeks and felt really tight early on. I couldn't straighten my legs fully behind me when in Plough, so I thought I was really going to have a problem when I got to Camel and Back Hero. Surprisingly, I pulled both off with no problems, even laying flat on my back once again in the Back Hero pose. That's a good sign, when the flexibility can stay with you even when you're not feeling your best.

Friday - October 8. 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
==================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:16
Calories Burned: 607
Avg Heart Rate: 125
Max Heart Rate: 158

Drenched in sweat. I'm noticing my heart rate is 15-20 higher on the second time through, and it seems to peak during the Dreya Rolls, which is not a big surprise. It's also pretty high during the Wacky Jacks, which is a surprise.

Saturday - October 9, 2010 - Kenpo X
============================
Time:58:53
Calories Burned: 505
Avg Heart Rate: 114
Max Heart Rate: 143

A low calorie burn, which didn't surprise me because I was sluggish throughout the entire workout. I had very little energy, and as much as I tried to push myself, it just wasn't there. I seriously need to get more sleep. I think I only got 5 hours last night.

Sunday - October 10, 2010 - Weigh In
============================
Weight: 176.1 Body Fat: 22.4%

An increase of almost a pound. Who knows why? I ate pretty good this week. No binges. I did have a pretty good sized plate of spaghetti (whole wheat of course) early last evening, so I'm sure that had a bit to do with it. I realize this whole thing isn't about weight. It's about fitness, and how I feel, and how I look, and I'm very happy with those factors. However, weight is a measurable number, and I do pay attention to it. It's the one thing that prevents me from grabbing a ton of junk food during the week, so it's frustrating when I think I did well, and it goes up. I know I'm not the only one this happens to, so all I can do is control what I can.

Now I'm going to rant on the scale a bit. It's a Weight Watchers Digital Scale. I paid good money for it when I started this thing over two years ago. I got it because I wanted one that would show me my weight and my body fat %. All I want it to do is tell me how much I weigh. That's why I bought it. That's what it's for. How can I stand on the scale and have it tell me I weigh 174.0, step off the scale, step right back on it, and have it tell me I weigh 179.0? It tells you to step in the same place each time. Easier said than done, and damn near impossible to balance yourself on it in exactly the same place each time. Done ranting.

No comments: