Monday, January 14, 2013

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 10 - Week of 1/14/2013

MONDAY - JANUARY 14, 2013 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Stupid me decided to grab something to eat shortly before my workout. Not a good idea, which is why I never do it. I had to stop once, about a third of the way through, because my stomach was upset, but got back into it, and finished it up strong. I increased my weight to 25 lbs on most of the tricep moves. I did a few less reps too, but those should increase over time. I also did all 25 Two Twitch Speed Pushups without stopping. The last for were hardly "fast", but I got through them.

Calories Burned: 551; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 159.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 15, 2013 - Plyometrics

A pretty good workout. I've been trying to eat better lately, but I'm still cheating a bit here and there. I was in the midst of doing the firsr set of thr Run Squat 180 Jump Switches when I decided to make the eating committment. A weird time to do it, but that's when it hit me. If I got nothing else out of the workout today, that was enough.

Calories Burned: 625; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 161.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 16, 2013 - Back and Biceps

I wasn't feeling well going into it. I've developed a cold, and hope it's not the flu bug going around. My strength simply wasn't there, especially early on, and I really had to push myself to get my reps up to where they'd been. In the second half I decided to up my weight on a lot of the moves from what I'd been using earlier this round. My reps went down a bit, but that's what usually happens. For the first time ever (successfully), I started the Strip Set with 40 lbs. The last two reps with 40s were shaky, but I did them, and then I finished the rest up strong.

Calories Burned: 548; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 163.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 17, 2013 - Yoga X

I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday, but I was having a problem holding a few of the moves in the last third of the vinyasas section. Except for the Balance Postures on my left leg (again), everything went well.

Calories Burned: 668; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 134.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 18, 2013 - Legs and Back

A very good workout. I upped my weight on most of the leg exercises from 15 to 20 lbs, and from 25 to 30 lbs on the Calf Raises. I also felt very strong on the pullups, doing 75. I'd only done 38 on the first week of this round, so it's almost doubled. I think one of the reasons I felt stronger was because I'd upped my weights on Back and Biceps two days ago. One thing builds off the other. I'm also still trying to eat better.

Calories Burned: 572; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 19, 2013 - Kenpo X

Still have my lingering cold, and haven't been eating as much as usual, so I was getting a liitle more fatigued than usual for Kenpo. Got through it OK though.

Calories Burned: 468; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 140.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 20, 2013 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X
72 Mason Twists

Calories Burned: 133; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 142


Weigh-In
Weight: 175.1; Body Fat: 22.1 %

A loss of 2.7 lbs and .7% Body Fat. I'm very happy with both numbers. I concentrated on eating better this week. Aside from the cold I have, I feel better.

No comments: